• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tom Wilson Fined $5K for Roughing Buchnevich; Rangers Release Statement

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucic is waving his NMC so he will be available for a trade .. “As much as I want to stay in Calgary I didn’t want to handcuff Tree (GM Brad Treliving) in the expansion draft so I agreed that I would waive it for the expansion draft if he didn’t want to protect me,” Lucic told Sportsnet.ca

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

doesnt mean Martin wanted to sign here. He's an Islander and probably wanted nothing to do with the rangers. on top of the piles being a serious contender

One will never know but consider g I think he signed in January when the UFA period started in October, I think we had a shot. Moot point anyway.

Lucic is waving his NMC so he will be available for a trade .. “As much as I want to stay in Calgary I didn’t want to handcuff Tree (GM Brad Treliving) in the expansion draft so I agreed that I would waive it for the expansion draft if he didn’t want to protect me,” Lucic told Sportsnet.ca

But what does Lucic add beyond physicality for 10 mins a game?

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He's actually had a decent year. His contract is an absolute joke, but 50% retained I'd be interested.

So now the onus falls on the victims of the assault. Now the onus falls on the Rangers to respond to Tom Wilson in Wednesday’s rematch at the Garden after the NHL abdicated its responsibility by refusing to suspend him.

Now it is on the Rangers to either escalate the cycle of violence triggered by Washington’s recidivist winger or risk appearing weak. Now it is on the Rangers to send someone after Wilson in order to protect the logo.

This was a complete fail by the NHL. That is expected from a Department of Player Safety run George Parros, a man who made his living on the ice with his fists in compiling one of those comic-book career stat lines of 1,092 penalty minutes and 18 goals in 474 games.

The Bruins are long renowned for being a close-knit group that always has the proper amount of muscle on their side. That did not stop Wilson from concussing Carlo. That, years ago, did not stop Matt Cooke from destroying not only Marc Savard’s career but years of the centerman’s life.

But now it is on the Rangers to either seek vigilante justice or appear helpless. There was no response when Matt Martin concussed Jacob Trouba two weeks ago. There was no response when Martin elbowed Mika Zibanejad in the face on Saturday’s first shift at the Coliseum. Maybe No. 93 thought the officials would take care of it. Ah, fooled again. There was no third-period response on Monday.

The Rangers don’t have anyone equipped to fight Wilson. You can bet that will change next season. But this is now. There might be the urge to summon pugilist Mason Geertsen from Hartford to New York to handle the assignment. Beyond the burden that would be placed on the 26-year-old in what would be his NHL debut, probably an unfair one, his promotion could make the Rangers in the room seem weak.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/04/nhls-complete-tom-wilson-fail-puts-onus-on-rangers/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Lucic? Yikes. Might as well phone up Matthew Barnaby and see what he's up to these days.

He has more points than Kakko and Lafreniere. If he has 1/2 his salary retained, he'd be a great 3rd liner for this team, and honestly that's the kind of player they should be after. Like Chara last summer. They should be looking at older players with an edge. Getzlaf for instance would really interest me as well.

Hell, get both.

Colton Orr? Vally seems to have him on speed dial.

Checked out Getzlaf's fights for the heck of it, I think after watching the last 4 he would be a new target for ridicule. It appears as if that tank is empty. I'll have to look around but pretty sure I saw something this past off season where he said he had no interest in leaving the west coast.

Here's the link to his fight card. Would he bring some leadership, I would say yes, would he offset a situation like the one we are talking about in any way? I would say no, not at this point in his career.

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/1664

Sad part is that if any Ranger wants to get vigilante justice on Tom Wilson using the stick/elbow/dirty hit, the NHL will come down twice as hard on the Ranger player.

Also, I'm sure the officials will be told to not let the game get out of control, call everything, and if anyone sneezes on a star player it should be called a penalty.

Sad part is that if any Ranger wants to get vigilante justice on Tom Wilson using the stick/elbow/dirty hit, the NHL will come down twice as hard on the Ranger player.

Seasons over. Might as well. Apparently body slams, hair pulling and blind side punching is more or less okay.

Seasons over. Might as well. Apparently body slams, hair pulling and blind side punching is more or less okay.

Yes the season is over, but I picture a scenario where lets say Brendan Smith takes a vicious stick swing, NHL won't hesitate to suspend him 10+ games next season. It might not mean much to the Rangers but to Smith it could mean a contract. You know what they always say, the NHL always come down harder on the retaliator.

Also, I'm sure the officials will be told to not let the game get out of control, call everything, and if anyone sneezes on a star player it should be called a penalty.

The irony, Blue...is that I think the NHL did the Rangers a favor and basically said "here's what we gave Wilson, now it your turn!".

I look at it as an open invite to beat the snot outta them tomorrow night. I severely doubt that's what we'll do, but the invite looks pretty open to me with their decision today.

I bet the Caps might "rest" a few players tomorrow night....especially if any of those "call ups" materialize into anything threatening.

Yes the season is over, but I picture a scenario where lets say Brendan Smith takes a vicious stick swing, NHL won't hesitate to suspend him 10+ games next season. It might not mean much to the Rangers but to Smith it could mean a contract. You know what they always say, the NHL always come down harder on the retaliator.

I dont expect anything to happen. You know Quinn is in the locker room going "The best revenge is winning blah blah no one is listening anyway blah"

Just would be nice to see

The irony, Blue...is that I think the NHL did the Rangers a favor and basically said "here's what we gave Wilson, now it your turn!".

I look at it as an open invite to beat the snot outta them tomorrow night. I severely doubt that's what we'll do, but the invite looks pretty open to me with their decision today.

I bet the Caps might "rest" a few players tomorrow night....especially if any of those "call ups" materialize into anything threatening.

NHL doesn't play that game, eye for an eye. They'll be plenty of warnings before the game on both sides from the league and to the officials.

If the Rangers do anything, it'll be one of those set up fights with someone who is willing to drop the gloves with Wilson and that would be the end of it. What should happen is the Rangers should forget about the game since the season is over, and just run at everyone like Backstrom, Carlson, the goalie, Kuzy, etc....

I think Smith will challenge Wilson which will not phase Wilson at all. Both may throw and miss a punch or two and fall to the ground in each others arms. Wilson will yell who's next all the way to the box. I don't think he would fear a fight with Geerston all that much either, would it be the best we have to offer, sure. Would he destroy Wilson, I don't see it.

NHL doesn't play that game, eye for an eye. They'll be plenty of warnings before the game on both sides from the league and to the officials.

If the Rangers do anything, it'll be one of those set up fights with someone who is willing to drop the gloves with Wilson and that would be the end of it. What should happen is the Rangers should forget about the game since the season is over, and just run at everyone like Backstrom, Carlson, the goalie, Kuzy, etc....

Bingo. If they call of Geersten, which is a big IF, the fight will be off the first faceoff and it will be a hug fest, maybe a couple punches. And that will be that. Debt paid.

Anything else will be broken up by the linesmen immediately and the refs will be very heavy-handed with their discipline. We've seen this a million times.

If they don't call up Geersten, forget about it. Nothing is happening. Smith, the "toughest" healthy Ranger right now, would get his lunch fed to him by Wilson.

He has more points than Kakko and Lafreniere. If he has 1/2 his salary retained, he'd be a great 3rd liner for this team, and honestly that's the kind of player they should be after. Like Chara last summer. They should be looking at older players with an edge. Getzlaf for instance would really interest me as well.

Hell, get both.

Flames are ready to blow it up. It's not entirely implausible. At half the cap hit, for two more years, I'd certainly entertain it. Lucic 100% solves the "Wilson problem."