• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#40) Rangers @ New York Islanders // Melee in the Mausoleum

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kratsov is bigger, faster and better defensively than I expected. He may make Buch expendable.

Quinn sure didn't shorten the bench in the third. Quite different from just a few weeks ago.

Best third period performance while holding a narrow lead in some time.

lol oh that's right you didn't see it

Isles had one called back for high stick. Laf scored a beauty but settled the puck with a high stick so it was called dead

? I’ve been pretty good with the predictions lately. Always get the winner anyway. Guess I have to stop watching though they seem to play better without me.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This is what experience gets you. These guys are learning how to play together.

Two power rankings I saw today had the Isles either #3 or #7. We just beat them at their own game - with the bald eminence behind the bench. Maybe my favorite game of the year.

Got to agree here. Credit where it's due.

One of things I've been most critical of with Quinn is that his team has been incapable of hunkering down and winning games like these. The games that aren't track meets and the other team isn't giving you much. Doesn't mean they've turned a corner, but it was good to see.

Got to agree here. Credit where it's due.

One of things I've been most critical of with Quinn is that his team has been incapable of hunkering down and winning games like these. The games that aren't track meets and the other team isn't giving you much. Doesn't mean they've turned a corner, but it was good to see.

I think Quinn actually nailed it (not sure if it was pre or post game) saying that the goals is to have the potent opportunistic transition offense emanate from the defensive structure itself - returning to that disciplined position even after scoring a couple rather than just devolving into run and gun. And last night they didn't lose their shit, even with a lead in the 3rd. It was really encouraging.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He’s at the lounge playing the piano, but looking good

Do they actually count as scoring chances when they don’t get shots? Lol

Kreider has no shot at the Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award. He has the Claude Raines Invisibility Award locked up though.

No, we nominated Pete for Kreider

....and here are the finalists for last night's Ozzy's MVP post of the GDT...sponsored by Grey Goose:

....and aside from all the pizza and "donut" references, which were fucking hilarious!!! Bugg takes the cheese with his new award for our player who wears #20 ...what's his name again?? :rofl:

Kratsov is bigger, faster and better defensively than I expected. He may make Buch expendable.

Quinn sure didn't shorten the bench in the third. Quite different from just a few weeks ago.

Best third period performance while holding a narrow lead in some time.

Kravtsov is 6'3", 189, so you'd think he'd be easier to knock off his skates than he appears to be. If he can add about 15-20 pounds of muscle over the next couple years, he'll be a serious vehicle.

Kravtsov is 6'3", 189, so you'd think he'd be easier to knock off his skates than he appears to be. If he can add about 15-20 pounds of muscle over the next couple years, he'll be a serious vehicle.

Are you trying to say he could end up with a large unit when he fully matures? :p

In keeping with this seasons traditions the Rangers win this one by three goals and make themselves look like contenders. Then the second game vs. the horse face Islanders ( that's why their home will be Belmont) they will completely shit the bed with a terrible effort. Welcome to Rangerstown.

Rangers win 4-1

Nailed it. Hope I'm wrong about Sunday.

Kravstov looks really big out there to me. If he was on a line with more talented players he'd have points already.

In keeping with this seasons traditions the Rangers win this one by three goals and make themselves look like contenders. Then the second game vs. the horse face Islanders ( that's why their home will be Belmont) they will completely shit the bed with a terrible effort. Welcome to Rangerstown.

Rangers win 4-1

This is the first post I read after camping the entire weekend.

Was gonna watch the game tonight, but I guess you just spoiled it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

....and here are the finalists for last night's Ozzy's MVP post of the GDT...sponsored by Grey Goose:

....and aside from all the pizza and "donut" references, which were fucking hilarious!!! Bugg takes the cheese with his new award for our player who wears #20 ...what's his name again?? :rofl:

I agree. Kreider needs to be benched until he decides that he wants to play hockey. He is a bad influence on the rest of the team.

• Like 1