• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#36) Rangers at Buffalo Sabres // Uh-Oh, Hot Buffalo Team Here

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird game. I don’t think the Rangers played bad. They should have done more. Still the bad habits of playing from the outside too much, not attacking the front of the net enough.

Well, knowing how inconsistent this team is, it's definitely not inconceivable that they relaxed a little when they saw the schedule and saw the shitty Sabres up tonight. They definitely weren't playing with any sort of desperation.

Lafreniere played one shift in the 3rd period. One shift. He even had a point on that one shift.

8:11 and 7:16 for Laf and Goat who's looked better the last games. Both with points tonight. Chytil with barely 10 minutes after scoring a huge goal last game AND this game. No Kakko or Laf in OT either.

I mean, if we're gonna play a 2-1 OT game against Buffalo I atleast want to see the kids play and grow.

Well, knowing how inconsistent this team is, it's definitely not inconceivable that they relaxed a little when they saw the schedule and saw the shitty Sabres up tonight. They definitely weren't playing with any sort of desperation.

You’re right you see Buffalo for 2 and it’s hard not to get complacent.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Lafreniere played one shift in the 3rd period. One shift. He even had a point on that one shift.

8:11 and 7:16 for Laf and Goat who's looked better the last games. Both with points tonight. Chytil with barely 10 minutes after scoring a huge goal last game AND this game. No Kakko or Laf in OT either.

I mean, if we're gonna play a 2-1 OT game against Buffalo I atleast want to see the kids play and grow.

No, they played more than 1 shift.

They had a few great shifts. One they scored, one was in the zone the entire time, and I thought they had a decent shift earlier in the period

Or I’m really fucked up from... being sober?

No, they played well. They almost got goalie'd.

Close But No Cigar: The Dustin Tokarski Story

I didn’t say they didn’t play well.

But I can’t watch those PPs and then give the Sabres goalie credit either

No, they played more than 1 shift.

They had a few great shifts. One they scored, one was in the zone the entire time, and I thought they had a decent shift earlier in the period

Or I’m really fucked up from... being sober?

Maybe Goat, but Im pretty sure Laf only played one shift.

I may be fucked up too, but anyway. The TOI is just brutal.

They didnt even do anything wrong tonight. Just because they was on the ice when Buffalo scored a crap goal he basically benched both of them for the rest of the game. They get one shift - scores the go ahead goal, and right back to the bench for the rest of the game.

It makes no sense.

Buffalo announcers on our PP: Lot's of puck movement but not enough movement by bodies. They also talked about how the Rangers, both 5-5 and PP, concentrate on trying to set up angle shots with cross ice passes rather than shots from the middle.

I'm glad 93 got the winner after a weak night. Bottom six was better than his line, although Kakko is continuing to look pretty good.

In regulation, once the puck got in a scrum on the boards with 10 seconds left, it should have been game over.

Kreider has been bad lately and played like hot garbage tonight - 22 minutes of ice time for him.

Even DiGi who has been horrible and taken some bad penalties in the last games played more than Laf and Goat.

:banghead:

I mentioned Kreider earlier - doesn’t have the usual step, speed or overall strength.

Kakko might have been their best forward tonight. Kid is so close to breaking out. Probably the difference in a few more PP seconds a game

I wonder who was the last NHL player to score 50+ points in a season without any PP time (im not including 15 seconds starting behind your own net).

Kakko and Laf will look like busts forever unless they get some PP chances.

The PP is 25th in the league. Not made a single change on it for the entire season. Amazing coaching.

Maybe Goat, but Im pretty sure Laf only played one shift.

I may be fucked up too, but anyway. The TOI is just brutal.

They didnt even do anything wrong tonight. Just because they was on the ice when Buffalo scored a crap goal he basically benched both of them for the rest of the game. They get one shift - scores the go ahead goal, and right back to the bench for the rest of the game.

It makes no sense.

They got the goal.....but was that their intent?

Re: Laf and other bottom-6 playing time

Tweet:

Pretty much what I figured. He's going to ride the big guns hard down the stretch in a bid to make the playoffs. Feeling the job pressure perhaps?

The bipolar behavior of the board continues.

We have threads about what scenarios need to occur to get us into the playoffs.

Then we have people complaining that players who aren't good right now and aren't helping the team win aren't getting enough ice time.

Makes perfect sense!