• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#27) Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers // Grittylicious

LindG1000

I gotta say though, it was probably one of the most entertaining games they've played all season.

Kinkaid had a rough one, no doubt, and the last goal was more comic relief than anything....

Can someone retrieve the jock strap hanging from the crossbar on the 8th Avenue side of the ice, please??? Thank you!!!:rofl:

I'm not worried about Miller; he's going to have to learn the hard way, and these are the types of mistakes that are going to make him a stud down the road. Knowing WHAT NOT TO DO, is sometimes better than knowing what TO DO. This is a trial by fire for him, and he's a keeper in my book.

Just being able to fight back and get a point without Fox, and Buch in there was a bonus. When I heard Fox was out, I was like, "we're fucking done!". So, we take a point and play the next game without going toe to toe with them, maybe tighten up defensively a little better and bury a few from the doorstep that were gifts (Kreider/Zibby).

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinkaid got walked on the winning goal but he made at least 3 great stops in the game to keep them in it too

Story of the year though, Rangers haven’t had good goaltending once.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm not big on giving them an excuse here, but they hadn't skated for 2 days coming in, and that means Trouba and whoever else had no PP time to work on anything. They just winged it....and you could tell! LOL

I still think the fact they fought back, and were even in this game without Fox's 25+ minutes is a small miracle. Not to mention how terrible our PK looked without him and also Buchnevich....Jesus, I didn't realize what a good PK'er Buch was until he wasn't there anymore.

Rooney has been quite a find this season!! I think he played a good game....again. ;)

Kinkaid got walked on the winning goal but he made at least 3 great stops in the game to keep them in it too

Story of the year though, Rangers haven’t had good goaltending once.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That's for sure and I thought after the 2nd goal the team would fold, but they bounced back in a big way. I just hope Igor is not injury prone and he's the real deal.

That's for sure and I thought after the 2nd goal the team would fold, but they bounced back in a big way. I just hope Igor is not injury prone and he's the real deal.

It's possible he could wind up being both. LOL Hopefully he is back soon, but groin injuries with goaltenders can be spotty. He looked like he was starting to get into a groove and have more confidence. Now, it's back to square one managing a tender groin.

We still have a 1/2 a season to go, Paddy, so we're going to find out a lot about these guys the rest of the way. I posted in another thread that the rest of this season, to me this is like an extended pre-season tryout for next year.

I never thought we would make the playoffs from the beginning, so this isn't a shocker to me. I do however, want to see this team make some bigger strides though...especially in the second half.

There's no doubt that the extra $26 million in available cap for next season will be a well needed shot in the arm, and there are some serious evaluations to be made as to where we're at with who's going to be behind the bench, as well as on it!!

Pretty much.

I likened it to getting Andrea "Il Mago!" Bargnani @ #2 and then following it up by drafting Anthony Bennet.

Much of it is dictated by circumstance, but it's their job to see and navigate through circumstance. Not just take Bob Mckenzie's word for it.

There's just no way possible that they could have drafted anyone else but Kakko and Laf. Who ever the substitute pick would have been would be roasted mercilessly here and elsewhere all the time. Especially if Kakko or Laf thrived for the team they were taken by. No win situation for the Rangers. I'm still trying to be patient.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Gotcha. I still think Kakko will be gone during the summer as part of the Eichel trade.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I didn't think it would get to that, but I could see the rumors gaining traction given the lack of production. I'm personally not ready to do it though. A new coach is sorely needed to help these kids, and I would go that route first.

I didn't think it would get to that, but I could see the rumors gaining traction given the lack of production. I'm personally not ready to do it though. A new coach is sorely needed to help these kids, and I would go that route first.

I think you're right. There's no way that we sell off any of the top picks without trying a new coach first. What we're seeing right now is not - or rather, should not be - a player problem.

I think you're right. There's no way that we sell off any of the top picks without trying a new coach first. What we're seeing right now is not - or rather, should not be - a player problem.

You've already posted some of Kakko's even strength possession numbers this year, but they really are fantastic. Amongst current Rangers (excluded DeAngelo's small sample size), Kakko is:

2nd in FF% (#1 Chytil, #3 Fox)

2nd in CF% (#1 Chytil, #3 Panarin)

5th in xGF% (#1 Chytil, #2 Lindgren, #3 Fox, #4 Strome)

By the way, Chytil! The eye test already said he dominates the puck on the ice. It is of no surprise that the numbers back it up.

Anyway, despite all of that, Kakko is 4th from last in goal differential. Last is Jack Johnson, Bitetto, Lafreniere, and just above Kakko is Kreider, Trouba, Howden, Gauthier, Zibanejad - these are the only negative goal differential players on the team. Everyone else is a net positive.

I know these aren't the end-all be-all though.

Uh, the NYR lost in typical fashion. Can't put 2 great efforts together consecutively. You gotta laff or you'll cry. Looks like it's back to the drawing board. Only positive was the overturning of the goal by Hayes. Imagine if this team could perfect their game in the same way. Crappy ending on a crappy play. So be it in Rangerland.