• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is the Team FINALLY Beginning to Turn it Around?

WWJD

I'm not talking about this one good game bad game inconsistency we have been seeing most of the year. For whatever reason Quinns teams seem to take a while to find their groove after a long break. But as a small sample size of last year when they get going they can hit a stride of very strong play. There were 2 months or so in the season last year where we had one of the top records in the entire NHL during that span. And the passing was pinpoint and sharp and the goals werent generally scored because of battering the goalie but absolute amazing skill combined with just incredible tik tak toe passing.

The most encouraging part of yesterdays game was Zib looked probably the best he has all year. You arguably could say he was our top player last year on the entire squad so to see him start to play well is huge.

Panarin is back , Kakko is flashing more, Laf is slowly getting there. Kinkaid looking a ton better than Georgiev. Now we need to see the consistency part. Playing consistently like this. Because this team is loaded.

The other really, really nice part is Kreider looks like he may be on the verge of a career year. Wow.

Oh and lets not forget KAndre. Such a special talent on the D side. Fox is steady. Still need to see more from Trouba. But the D is not a bad unit either.

IF (and its a big if) this young team can really start to mature under Quinn and play consistently they will be a tough out for any team.in the entire NHL. An arguably less talented and less mature team last year had a couple month stretch were they had one of the best records in the NHL during that span.

Bottomline I'm still not sold on Quinn but they have had some pretty good sustained play under him at times too. Heres to hoping for the start of this team taking off.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean they just laid two eggs against the team directly above them in the standings and they looked very bad doing it.

Turning it around? No. This is their season. Win 2, lose 3, win 1, lose 1. They're about as good as a .500 team. They're not even at that right now.

So once they get 2+ games over .500 then maybe they're building something.

Individually some of the players look good. The results aren't there yet though.

I mean they just laid two eggs against the team directly above them in the standings and they looked very bad doing it.

Turning it around? No. This is their season. Win 2, lose 3, win 1, lose 1. They're about as good as a .500 team. They're not even at that right now.

So once they get 2+ games over .500 then maybe they're building something.

Individually some of the players look good. The results aren't there yet though.

Yes you are correct. I am hoping this last win with Panarin back and Zib showing signs of life and the young ins getting acclimated to NHL Ice that we are on the cusp of playing well consistently. The pieces are definitely flashing. Its Quinn's job to get them play cohesively and consistently.

Yeah. Either they are top notch or terrible. Rather than having to be great every game, I think "better" means raising the floor in a meaningful way.

What I like about this in a sense is though the light is flickering when it is 'on' it is capable of shining very brightly. It proves that ample wattage is present to light up the lamp.

What I like about this in a sense is though the light is flickering when it is 'on' it is capable of shining very brightly. It proves that ample wattage is present to light up the lamp.

Well no. The fact that they usually blow out or get blown out is not a great sign. They haven't beat many teams at their best. They haven't had many games where you can see that both teams are alive and playing well. The teams they dummy are the ones who absolutely suck the hardest (and even then they've lost to Buffalo and Jersey multiple times).

The season's theme is inconsistency. Until that changes, the results will remain the same and the rollercoaster will continue.

Well no. The fact that they usually blow out or get blown out is not a great sign. They haven't beat many teams at their best. They haven't had many games where you can see that both teams are alive and playing well. The teams they dummy are the ones who absolutely suck the hardest (and even then they've lost to Buffalo and Jersey multiple times).

The season's theme is inconsistency. Until that changes, the results will remain the same and the rollercoaster will continue.

Yes its been awfully inconsistent. But I did see things really look like they came together in the last game. Is it a sign of things to come or another tease? If its another tease its about time to cut bait on Quinn. This team is way too talented to be playing so up and down.

They are the typical 500 team. Ups and downs and endless frustrations. Sky is falling gone week, the next week they are world beaters. What's interesting is that they are a 500 team with getting next to nothing from their Zibby, Trouba, and Panarin out for 10 games.

They are the typical 500 team. Ups and downs and endless frustrations. Sky is falling gone week, the next week they are world beaters. What's interesting is that they are a 500 team with getting next to nothing from their Zibby, Trouba, and Panarin out for 10 games.

Fair analysis. Kreider has also performed above his head. Some journeymen contributing like they shouldn't be. Championships are won when the big guns are firing and those players perform too. Maybe next year? Who knows. I just know from playing sports, the discernable difference of having a team with fire and direction and one with mediocre effort and no direction. This team is the latter.

@Capt & jsm7302 - your points made are exactly why I think we have the framework of a really good team. If we are able to play .500 hockey with disarray, imagine where we would be if every dog was pulling the sled hard?

I think we are on the same wave length. Im a proponent of a coaching change at this point. He has brought them and developed them the best he could but we are stone walled and sputtering at the peak of his ability. Grab me a new coach and sign or trade for a big personality with leadership qualities who isn't afraid of accountability.

This is NY, if we can't pull the two things we need out of a qualified pool of candidates then there must be some unidentified underlying issues in this organization.

What would be worse missing the playoffs or getting swept by the Islanders in the first round?

I don’t think we have to worry about the latter.

Hopefully they can move a guy or two (Johnson? Lemieux?) and have another high draft pick this off season then maybe zibanajad comes back next year, panarin is panarin, and the kids with some games under their belt start performing and they have a decent run at it next season

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk