• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#13) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Adam Fox, Bear Hunter

LindG1000

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, if the Rangers get spanked by the Devils who haven’t played in like 3 weeks, I don’t see how you don’t make a change. If you can’t see Quinn is the square peg in the round hole then you never will imo.

To be honest, it would probably be better in the long term if it happens. It is time to move on to a coach who knows how to win the NHL. Quinn's act is old.

Huh?

That literally the last thing they need. They haven?t won a face off since game seven 94

A center who can win faceoffs is the #1 need, but we now currently only have one defenseman with an offensive bone in his body and he hasn't been able to get this PP going like DeAngelo had it going last year.

A center who can win faceoffs is the #1 need, but we now currently only have one defenseman with an offensive bone in his body and he hasn't been able to get this PP going like DeAngelo had it going last year.
to be honest ,our top players haven't arrived yet ,I think that has something to do with it

Zib has been off. Panarin has been off. Heck, most of the offense has been off.

Agree with Paddy that the D is taking shape. Our squad has played 3 very spirited games with solid effort. We?re skating. Is it just me or does the pace of play seem almost playoff-like? Up tempo, few whistles stopping play and quite recently more physical play. We should have won more than our record shows.

What a miserable game to watch. Uncle Larry said the game against the Islanders earlier this week was like a game between two Jacques Lemaire coached teams in 1995. Apt description of this one as well. Imagine you are not a Rangers fan and just tuned in because your team wasn't playing. You never would have made it through the whole game. Open ice? I believe there was one odd man break the whole game.

Per previous comment, 8 mins for Gauthier? He played hard and went to the net. He should have gotten 15 minutes.

As for that 30 second scrum along the boards at the end, you see that a lot in the final minute of games. I think they should bring back faceoffs when the puck is "frozen" in the last two minutes or at least start calling delays if a player is not moving the puck. If you aren't going to blow the whistle for frozen pucks you at least have to enforce the rule that the puck must be moved, which they don't.

We see the same game night after night, and year after year under Quinn. We see the same deficiencies night after night, and year after year under Quinn. This team may set the record for getting shut out in one season. I have never been a David Quinn fan, but it is clear now it is time to make a change in order to try to save something out of this season or else this team will be out of playoff contention by March 1. This team came in to this season out of shape, and Quinn appears not to be able to reach the younger players. The other 30+ teams, GM's, scouts could not have been this wrong about Kakko and LAF, could they? I realize Kakko is 20 and LAF is 18 or 19 but even still, 2 goals between them? Ridiculous. This team as currently constituted, is unwatchable. Last nights game was a boring snooze fest as is every game. Shut out after shut out. No matter, they will be on the golf course in early April yet again and out of our thoughts even sooner. Sure we are in a rebuild, so let's trade Panarin, Zib, Kreider.. hell, trade everyone! Why not right? You can trade everyone, but the problem will always remain until we get a legitimate coaching staff in here that knows how to develop young players or else we are in the rinse and repeat cycle

I'm going to risk the ire of the mob here, but I'll say it anyway - the more I watch this team, the less frustrated I am with Quinn, and the more frustrated I am with our expectations of this team - and a little bit with Jeff Gorton.

We went into this season with a clear #1 center, no clear #2 center - but two candidates in Strome and Chytil, and major question marks on defense. That's not Quinn's fault - that's on Gorton, 100%. Chytil got hurt. That makes a real bad situation much worse. Strome decided to regress to Oilers Strome. That makes it untenable. We've seen almost improbably bad center play - in fact, there's a really good argument that we've been horrendously unlucky (specifically Mika Zibanejad) more than we've been just bad. If Mika had potted, say, 3 more goals - how much are we really having this conversation? He is the triggerman on the PP - he doesn't tick, our PP doesn't tick. Our games have been so close and so well fought for the past two weeks in spite of the results that three more goals might honestly be three more wins. It really doesn't help that Kreider is probably on one of the worst runs of play we've seen out of him in a long time. It really doesn't help that the secondary scoring seems afflicted with the same thing Zibanejad's got. I mean, fuck, Laf and Kakko could have had three goals each in the last three games, easy, with just a smidge of puck luck.

And our defense? Quinn and Martin have turned massive questions into almost improbable defensive outcomes. Shit, if I told you last Sunday that we'd give up six goals this week, you'd probably have thought we won two games. In spite of almost everything that's gone on with our defense, we're playing the best defense we've seen since Girardi and McDonagh left. What's been done with Miller and Fox and Lindgren and even Hajek has been absolutely incredible, and I'd be hard-pressed to make changes knowing full well that we're seeing the emergence of a real top 4 - with more like-minded talent coming.

Further, we just got out of three games against, probably, the two best defensive teams in the conference. I get how frustrating it is to not score - especially when you're rocking high picks and players like Zib and Bread - but we need to consider more than just what the Rangers did. They got robbed on high percentage chances. They couldn't get the greasier goals. It sucks, but it's both what good defensive teams do, and it happens. I can't be upset with the right compete level, and I can't get mad that the Bruins can hold down a team of young, but talented players they way they did. I can be upset at the failure to make changes to get around that, or what was a pretty bad second period yesterday, but I think the issues here aren't really all Quinn. I think it's part that Quinn doesn't appear to have an answer for reigniting this offense (though, again, I'm not sure his "keep playing like this" is even remotely wrong given the awful PDO we seem to have), and part that we have no vision for building this roster's depth spaces.

• Like 1

Gorton deserves plenty of blame of course, but hes going to also get undeserved credit for the guys that fell in his lap like Kakko, ALF, Fox, and even Shesty.

Most of these guys are in year 2 or even 3 in many cases of Quinnless and any “process” is going to have setbacks. How ever, in year 3 it shouldn’t feel like step 0 again. Plus having two straight years of generational talents added to this roster and both don’t exactly look even remotely generational. It’s time. Everyone has a shelf life.

Gorton deserves plenty of blame of course, but hes going to also get undeserved credit for the guys that fell in his lap like Kakko, ALF, Fox, and even Shesty.

Most of these guys are in year 2 or even 3 in many cases of Quinnless and any ?process? is going to have setbacks. How ever, in year 3 it shouldn?t feel like step 0 again. Plus having two straight years of generational talents added to this roster and both don?t exactly look even remotely generational. It?s time. Everyone has a shelf life.

I don't disagree with a lot of this, but Laf and Kakko aren't (and never were) considered generational period. Admittedly, I'm nitpicking.