• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#7) Rangers at Buffalo Sabres // Operation Eichel II: Get Jacked

Phil

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys, come clean. Raise your hand if you were getting ready to do a post questioning putting Blackwell and Laf out three on three.

I thought Laf made a lot of sense actually. He'd played well and was getting chances. His game also lends itself to OT I think.

Not gonna lie though, I was pretty upset about Blackwell being out there, until I considered the options with Strome done for the night.

Goal notwithstanding, I thought this maybe was his best game so far. It seemed like he created a lot more scoring chances for himself and for his teammates when he was out there. Maybe it's just me. I'm glad he was out there for the 3-on-3 anyway. With his skillset, I don't see why you wouldn't want him out there. The last Rangers player to get his first NHL goal in overtime was Zuccarello. :)

I thought Laf made a lot of sense actually. He'd played well and was getting chances. His game also lends itself to OT I think.

Not gonna lie though, I was pretty upset about Blackwell being out there, until I considered the options with Strome done for the night.

Quinn sees Blackwell as a hairier, American Jesper Fast. I'm not shocked he's out there. I'm much more shocked that it's actually working.

As an aside, who here had "Colin Blackwell point-per-game pace" on their 2021 Rangers Bingo Card?

I really like Blackwell's effort!! He's not the most gifted but his effort has been tremendous. Hopefully it's contagious. I think we looked pretty scrappy last night. Solid effort and deserving of a little "Hollywood" result!!

When Laffy scored, I jumped outta my chair so fast I spilled my drink, and kicked the end table!!! ....Fucking toe is killing me this morning!!! :rofl:

I didn't think for a second that Blackwell's pass would end up on Laf's tape. Blackwell, Rooney, and DiG definitely look to be pieces that can help the 4th line. Lemieux still reminds me a bit of a clown.

Blackwell and DiGuisseppi have definitely played above the level I expected.

Blackwell and DiGuisseppi have definitely played above the level I expected.

I don't think there is anyone here that would disagree with this. Its a pleasant surprise to see guys like this shining and providing offense. I feel comfortable now seeing them on the ice. DiG has some nice speed and really fit well with Chytil and Kakko.

Deangelo looked like Deangelo last night, that was good to see. Same old shakiness in his own end, but nobody else on this team can go tape to tape like he can. Very crisp last night.

Yes, it was good to see him back on the PP...but is it too much to ask to NOT have 4 righties on the same unit? I mean...come on.

Yes, it was good to see him back on the PP...but is it too much to ask to NOT have 4 righties on the same unit? I mean...come on.

Quinn's an idiot.

Panarin & Zibanejad play the same spot on the PP (Lafreniere plays the same side board spot as well)

now Fox and DeAngelo on the same PP.

Remove Kreider to put Buchnevich - but again, the only lefty is in the front of the net - and they mostly play on the left side of the ice, so his stick doesnt see the puc because its in the middle of the ice.

Quinn's an idiot.

Panarin & Zibanejad play the same spot on the PP (Lafreniere plays the same side board spot as well)

now Fox and DeAngelo on the same PP.

Remove Kreider to put Buchnevich - but again, the only lefty is in the front of the net - and they mostly play on the left side of the ice, so his stick doesnt see the puc because its in the middle of the ice.

I'm so frustrated seeing a right handed shot on the right boards on the PP for over a year now. I mean the PP% was good last year, but it was evident that against teams with a halfway decent PK it doesn't work. And now it seems just so obvious to have Buchnevich there with how he is playing.

I'm so frustrated seeing a right handed shot on the right boards on the PP for over a year now. I mean the PP% was good last year, but it was evident that against teams with a halfway decent PK it doesn't work. And now it seems just so obvious to have Buchnevich there with how he is playing.

What were they ranked last year? 6th? 7th? They were pretty damn good.

The PP was good last year because the guys were good enough despite the PP set up.

What were they ranked last year? 6th? 7th? They were pretty damn good.

Something like that. Panarin was lights out on the left side. I've noticed teams smartly take away his time and space over there now. The Rangers rotate the puck back and a righty on the other wall is not in a position to shoot.