• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 Offseason Thread: Get to Fixin'

Phil

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And 10 it is. Wow. Watching Marner, Mathews, Tavares and Nylander all on for the last 2 minutes and completely unable to get anything going. Yikes. Bring on the recriminations.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think we are still at 10th or 11th or 1st. Toronto is 13th/14th? I don't think they will win the lottery, they don't even need more scoring. So likely Carolina has Toronto's pick and we got Carolina pick, go Bruins!

I have a feeling Toronto could be very interested in Trouba.

The only scenario Trouba would be at risk before the NMC kicks in is if an offer comes in that is so favorable for the Rangers that they cannot pass (Marner? Matthews?). And that's not happening.

Trouba's going to be here for a long time.

The only scenario Trouba would be at risk before the NMC kicks in is if an offer comes in that is so favorable for the Rangers that they cannot pass (Marner? Matthews?). And that's not happening.

Trouba's going to be here for a long time.

Enjoy his handywork it will only get worse as he ages:

https://www.nhl.com/video/ahos-beautiful-individual-goal/t-317753292/c-5394541

https://www.nhl.com/video/baileys-blistering-slap-shot/t-312068326/c-5118416

Also, he's not going anywhere. No matter how much anyone wants to will it into existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

nobody is "willing it into existence" it is common sense to explore a trade.

1. He makes brutal mistakes

2. he is overpaid

3. Smith can play RD just fine and provide physicality

4. we have ADA, Fox, Lundkvist, and Skinner on RD

2. he is overpaid

His mistakes are overblown.

Any argument in which Smith is your replacement for Trouba automatically loses me.

Skinner had a decent OHL season. Why is he even relevant to Trouba?

Any argument in which Smith is your replacement for Trouba automatically loses me.

In fairness, Smith wouldn't replace Trouba directly. Fox and DeAngelo would get the lion's share of the open minutes. Even still, it's a bad idea mentioning Smith.

Regardless, there's a lack of respect for what Trouba brings to the lineup. If he can't improve some of the defensive lapses he has, then he is overpaid by about 1.5M. Not the end of the world. If he does improve, he will be a defensive stalwart for us.

In fairness, Smith wouldn't replace Trouba directly. Fox and DeAngelo would get the lion's share of the open minutes. Even still, it's a bad idea mentioning Smith.

Regardless, there's a lack of respect for what Trouba brings to the lineup. If he can't improve some of the defensive lapses he has, then he is overpaid by about 1.5M. Not the end of the world. If he does improve, he will be a defensive stalwart for us.

mentioning Smith is a good idea, because it is better to play him on RD than buy him out and because Lundkvist will only come over after his season ends probably in March or April.

I would say Trouba's mistakes are being ignored by most because he is "a new shiny toy" also it would reflect badly on Gorton if the Rosen and Joe start picking Trouba apart.

Skinner is relevant in terms of he might be ready much sooner than Trouba's contract expires.

I would say Trouba's mistakes are being ignored by most because he is "a new shiny toy" also it would reflect badly on Gorton if the Rosen and Joe start picking Trouba apart.

Skinner is relevant in terms of he might be ready much sooner than Trouba's contract expires.

Or it could be that Trouba is still getting used to being deployed in a new system where it's also been reported that he's struggled mentally this season. Sam and Joe aren't critical in general. They're practically fluffers.

Skinner might never make the NHL.

2. he is overpaid

Nope. It's you trying to will it into existence. Because there is no evidence the Rangers will attempt it. You're projecting your hope they do and positioning it as "common sense," when, in fact, the evidence we do have suggests precisely the opposite. Like the fact that he lead all Rangers' defensemen in TOI/G during both the regular season (22:34) and qualifying round (22:25). Odd behaviors, if it's "common sense" to trade him.

Anyone who plays that much will make mistakes. The rest, minus the list of players the Rangers have on the right, is purely subjective.

To play first-pairing minutes in the NHL? The fuck he is. Neither can Smith. The only reason he's even in the picture is because Skjei flamed out and got traded. Smith is no long-term (or even short-term) solution either. Neither are Miller, Lundkvist (who is staying in Europe another year), or Skinner.

Removing Trouba is cutting off your nose to spite your face. You end up right back where you were before him — with no one to crunch all those minutes.

To play first-pairing minutes in the NHL? The fuck he is. Neither can Smith. The only reason he's even in the picture is because Skjei flamed out and got traded. Smith is no long-term (or even short-term) solution either. Neither are Miller, Lundkvist (who is staying in Europe another year), or Skinner.

Removing Trouba is cutting off your nose to spite your face. You end up right back where you were before him — with no one to crunch all those minutes.

so is going with Quinn when there is Laviolette available. You cannot blame anybody but Trouba for the brutal mistakes he makes. and he is not some rookie where you think he will improve, he is just nervous or inexperienced. Those are some serious blunders.

Or it could be that Trouba is still getting used to being deployed in a new system where it's also been reported that he's struggled mentally this season. Sam and Joe aren't critical in general. They're practically fluffers.

Skinner might never make the NHL.

look at the videos, the new system has nothing to do, it is all on him.