• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Chris Kreider Suffers Fractured Foot

Phil

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well he does nothing at the NHL level and isn’t part of our future. Might be nice to give some experience to Kravtsov.

Well, are they going for "experience" or are they actually trying to get in? Because Kravstov on the 4th line doesn't really offer much. He's also not ready to jump into a top 9 NHL spot.

Lettieri (as much as I hate him) can play 4th line and allow someone else to move up. Like Gauthier or Lemieux.

Giving the team less of a chance to make the playoffs because you want Kravstov to get "experience" doesn't make much sense to me.

Unless they think he's ready, then by all means. But they haven't indicated that yet.

Well, are they going for "experience" or are they actually trying to get in? Because Kravstov on the 4th line doesn't really offer much. He's also not ready to jump into a top 9 NHL spot.

Lettieri (as much as I hate him) can play 4th line and allow someone else to move up. Like Gauthier or Lemieux.

Giving the team less of a chance to make the playoffs because you want Kravstov to get "experience" doesn't make much sense to me.

Unless they think he's ready, then by all means. But they haven't indicated that yet.

I’m not suggesting bringing him in for 4th line minutes. I haven’t seen Quinn use Gauthier in place of Kreider the last few games despite that being the natural replacement and Quinn having every opportunity to do so. I think he likes him on his current line. They will need an offensive replacement. I’m not seeing where I said they should bring anyone in for “less of a chance” but if they are speaking all in with playoffs being the only thing all season we are striving for then why hasn’t Kakko been sent down quite a while ago for Lettieri? Obviously they are balancing the two from time to time.

Losing kreider loses offense. Vinny doesn’t bring that at the NHL level. He brings hustle, bad timed penalties, and some grit. Quinn could use Kakko in place but Kakko hasn’t shown much all year to warrant that now it’ll work. If the Rangers believe talent wise that Kravtsov has the most offensive talent then it’s worth a look.

what has Kravstov done to deserve being called up other than being a high draft pick?

I mean might as well bring up Lias using that logic, neither has done much if anything at all.

Letteri is a better player which isn't saying much but IF DQ is going to continue to talk meritocracy neither Kravstov nor Lias get the call or even much if any consideration.

what has Kravstov done to deserve being called up other than being a high draft pick?

I mean might as well bring up Lias using that logic, neither has done much if anything at all.

Letteri is a better player which isn't saying much but IF DQ is going to continue to talk meritocracy neither Kravstov nor Lias get the call or even much if any consideration.

With your logic then what has Kappo done to retain a roster spot all year besides being a high draft pick? At least this is a case of a time of injury looking towards filling a void created, not saying “hey let’s bring up a career AHLer” just because he’s proven to be a career AHLer.

I’m just saying. One is a gifted offensive player. They aren’t rewarding him for play. They are giving an opportunity based on a hole. Basically it’s either McKegg, Liettieri, or Kravtsov and we lost our third best goal scorer,

With your logic then what has Kappo done to retain a roster spot all year besides being a high draft pick? At least this is a case of a time of injury looking towards filling a void created, not saying ?hey let?s bring up a career AHLer? just because he?s proven to be a career AHLer.

I?m just saying. One is a gifted offensive player. They aren?t rewarding him for play. They are giving an opportunity based on a hole. Basically it?s either McKegg, Liettieri, or Kravtsov and we lost our third best goal scorer,

Well, to answer the first sentence... Absolutely nothing. He's also not gotten significantly better and not shown he's learned much.

Im not saying its the right thing to do, but its not really hard to see why they could call up Kravtsov instead of Vinni. One has shown many times he?s no NHL player, the other is a player we hope can be an important part of this team in the future.

We dont really need any of them at this point anyway (other than as a 13F). Gauthier/Lemieux or Kakko play 1st line and McKegg takes the spot on the 4th line.

Kravtsov is slowly finding his game in the A. Keep him there for now. Lettieri is a career AHL player, so keep him there too.

Id honestly rather call up a D and play Smith on the 4th line instead of Lettieri.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

With your logic then what has Kappo done to retain a roster spot all year besides being a high draft pick?

Ha preaching to the chior here, he's done zero, nothing, nada. He is as Pete points out the same terrible hockey player he was since game 1. He should of been on a bus to Hartford months ago.

Chytil - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Panarin - Strome - Fast

Di Giuseppe - Howden - Kakko

Lemieux - Mckegg - Gauthier

that would be my guess too. Hoping for the best. Can't imagine Hank doesn't struggle if he gets the call but hoping he can pull one out of his ass for old time sake.

Chytil - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Panarin - Strome - Fast

Di Giuseppe - Howden - Kakko

Lemieux - Mckegg - Gauthier

I just cant see Howden and Kakko together anymore.

Gauthier - zib - buch

Panarin - Strome - fast

DiGi - chytil - Kakko

Lemieux - Howden - McKegg

I wanna see what Kreids jr can do in Kreider?s spot. He said he has studied Kreid?s game, so we?ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk