• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Season Finale, 7 PM

Phil

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way Edmonton gets a point tonight, so it's looking like 7th. The OT point last night and today's win cost us two spots. Top 3 chances went from 26% - > 20 % and #1 overall went from 8.5 -> 6.5. It's really not that much different, but I hope we just don't slip down any further.

It’s oike getting lias Anderson instead of cale makar because of a pointless win. End the season on a positive note. Hack broadcasters don’t even bring up how the results mattered tonight. I was all for winning all year. But on the last night with the scenario so defined and the difference being lose finish 5 orwin and finish 7 the rangers didn’t leave a good taste on the season winning. They instead sucked ass for 6 months only to win a game that made those 6 months even less bearable.

Obviously I?m pissed. Skjei who has been a disaster since signing a big contract and namestikov who has done nothing since coming here kill us lol. I?m trying to stay positive. Last year of course we dropped to 9 but got Kravstov who would probably go top 5 in a redraft. I?m praying we somehow move up from 7 but with our luck I doubt it

I still feel both things. They're idiots for winning, but our kids went toe to toe with two of the best teams in the division in the final two games of the season. Lotta good signs for the rebuild this year. Odds gods could still smile.

that’s nice but the last game of the season when we had the 5th spot was in the bag it hurts. I blame the penguins too. They always kill us but of course tonight they make stupid plays and miss the net so many times lol

Edmonton's beating Calgary 2-1 in the 2nd. Still a chance we at least settle at 6th, and thus only lost one spot.

Yuo best case scenario right now. I dont expect to move up so even if we get 6 and fall to 7 we should get a good prospect. But we are due for some luck lol

Hey! The NY Rangers go out on a glorious note; beating the Pens & Sid " The Kid ", who, by the way, would've looked great in Rangers blue all these years. Hopefully the draft picks will be what all the naysayers here want; the next Gretzky. I for one, as a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time Ranger fan am happy with the final bell; a resounding team victory in OT. Now for the play-offs and most probably a few upsets.

GO RANGERS!!

The context in some of these posts and on other SM outlets read like they’re blaming the Rangers for winning 2 games. Wanting them to lose and blaming them for not losing are 2 separate things. It’s mind blowing to me that people think the players are concerned about the draft pick.

Archived