• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Call D Libor Hajek

Phil

Yeah, I wasn't that good. I also had no desire to play professionally (given I wasn't very good) and eventually grew out of love with playing (though never with watching).

As to respect, of course I do. I firmly believe that the best writers write better because they benefit from the insight of smarter people they talk to. What makes Brooks, for example, a great writer isn't just prose, it's his ability to ask the right questions by having a pulse on what he knows the audience wants to know. It's a combination of reverence and relevance. The same would go for LeBrun or Baker or Strang or anyone putting in the work.

As to why the BSB guys don't post here, I have no idea. My guess is between Twitter and writing for the pubs they do (Vox, The Athletic, wherever), they don't have much interest in repeating their arguments more than twice (which is probably already too much).

Vox/SB Nation also have a comments section where these same conversations are had on articles that are written where some of them also post.

Not being good isn’t all that important. It’s not easy, as you’re aware. I wasn’t a talented player, but I love the game and x’s and o’s, pp, pk, etc .. Love teaching it. Love watching kids that have talent, evaluate them, and get positive feed back on recruits.

Side note: I had to play like Ryan Callahan when I was younger or I’d never make a team. I think that’s why I hate him.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So about Hajek...

I believe I said way back at the beginning of this thread that he was struggling a lot in Hartford, which was true, and I also said that he was still one of my favorite prospects and that I was excited to see him called up. Even with him struggling there I was not yet worried about him as a prospect due to his pedigree and track record.

Now the fact that we're seeing what we've seen I think proves more than anything that the coaching staff in Hartford is an absolute train wreck and I hope for the sake of this organization that there is a change made this offseason. They need a full overhaul. They're absolutely terrible at both winning and developing. That was a talented team going into the year and they have been awful and several players seem to have regressed, especially defenseman. They only players they seem to be helping are the grinders.

Still a very small sample size with the kid. But I've watched him pretty closely the last few games; His reactions seem to be instinctively good, and that's a great sign. He moves the puck well and plays with seemingly good insight as to where to go with the puck...better yet, WHERE NOT TO GO WITH THE PUCK.

I absolutely LOVED the submarine hip check behind the net last night. Matter of fact I left a little pee stain in my pants after that hit!

But yeah, I like him so far. The kid shows some good promise.

Not being good isn?t all that important. It?s not easy, as you?re aware. I wasn?t a talented player, but I love the game and x?s and o?s, pp, pk, etc .. Love teaching it. Love watching kids that have talent, evaluate them, and get positive feed back on recruits.

Side note: I had to play like Ryan Callahan when I was younger or I?d never make a team. I think that?s why I hate him.

I say we move on from the bloggers and writers and start to focus more on Jackie Redmond and the likes of...smokeshow

This might need its own thread, women of hockey or sports...may turn into a hot chicks thread, doooooo it

The 3 posts preceding yours are giving him a positive review from last night. What's the problem?

No problem. He’s fuckin 21. A lot of critiquing his first AHL season prior to his 1st game. Not saying he’s gonna be a stud, bust, a #4-5, etc ... It’s only 3 games, he’s only 21. The only thing I’d put minimal weight into is that he’s not playing on a team playing meaningful games. The only thing meaningful about them is that this is a tryout for some of the guys for next season. Once his initial jitters went away, he’s handled it well.

Glad to see him up here,I know some fans who are down a little on him ,but you never know some players games transforms better to the nhl than to the ahl ,come to think Ryan MdDonagh was one of those players who adjusted better at the nhl level

Archived