• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade D Adam McQuaid to CBJ for D Julius Bergman, 2019 4th, 7th-Round Picks

Phil

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People want something to be excited about. Draft is a crapshoot. When the return for roster players are a bunch of picks, it translates into a whole lot of "meh."

My faith in Clarke and co. is at an all time low.

Issues with the trade value and the scouting dept are two totally different things but I understand what you?re saying

Blue Jackets' Julius Bergman: Headed to Columbus for now

3D AGO ? By RotoWire Staff

Bergman and star forward Matt Duchene were traded to the Blue Jackets on Friday, with the Senators receiving prospects Vitaly Abramov and Jonathan Davidsson, a 2019 first-round pick and another conditional 2020 first-rounder, Bob McKenzie of TSN reports. Bergman will likely be assigned to AHL Cleveland for the remainder of the season, and he'll almost certainly be moving on after that, as he's a pending restricted free agent and has been linked to Frolunda HC in his native Sweden for next year. Given that he's managed just six assists in 33 games for AHL Belleville, he can safely be ignored even if he does remain in North America for next year.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I understand this. I am merely mentioning what I observe from fans on social media etc. As for Clarke take a look at this

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007089.html

Last year not withstanding, in the past 5 years alone, out of all their selections 2 are current NHLers. Buch and Chytil. I'm not counting Anderssen yet because he was just called up. Shestyorkin is the most promising that I can recall atm but he's yet to come here. I understand development takes time. But you can also go back and see who was passed up in the process and I can't help but :palm:

Maybe the guys who follow prospects can chime in here and change my mind.

This is all doom and gloom for the most part.

2013 - Didn't pick until round 3.

2014 - Didn't pick until second to last in round 2

2015 - 1st pick was #41

2016 - Didn't pick until round 3.

How many teams have numerous guys on their NHL roster picked in the third round or later? Its easy to look at those drafts and say "But we could have drafted Brayden Point!", well half the league could have drafted him 3 times and passed. The last 2 years and this coming year are what's important. Last year's first rounders have all had really good seasons.

This is all doom and gloom for the most part.

2013 - Didn't pick until round 3.

2014 - Didn't pick until second to last in round 2

2015 - 1st pick was #41

2016 - Didn't pick until round 3.

How many teams have numerous guys on their NHL roster picked in the third round or later? Its easy to look at those drafts and say "But we could have drafted Brayden Point!", well half the league could have drafted him 3 times and passed. The last 2 years and this coming year are what's important. Last year's first rounders have all had really good seasons.

Chytil, Andersson, Kravstov, Miller, Lundkvist , Shestyorkin and the loads of picks we have coming up, it's certainly a bright outlook for our youth. Capspace to sign Panarin and/or Karlsson. I think it's been done very well for us lately.

Archived