• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade D Adam McQuaid to CBJ for D Julius Bergman, 2019 4th, 7th-Round Picks

Phil

My guess is that's also why guys like Vlad weren't moved today. They can only afford to do so much at the moment without creating additional problems throughout the org. As bad as Hartford is, they still need to ice a lineup for the rest of the year, you know?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or, counter: he'll go to market based on his being a versatile play-anywhere-in-your-lineup-type and get a decent deal with decent term from someone else. Someone who will probably not be as bad as the Rangers stand to be, either.

Or, counter: he'll go to market based on his being a versatile play-anywhere-in-your-lineup-type and get a decent deal with decent term from someone else. Someone who will probably not be as bad as the Rangers stand to be, either.

Sure. I guess split the difference between a 50 point player with Stamkos and Kucherov vs a 30 point player on a shit Ranger team.

Now there's complaints about the return for McQuaid? My head is starting to hurt

I think the return is fine.

But it was stupid to trade for him to begin with, if the whole idea was that they could flip him for something better. I didn't then and I don't now understand why they would trade for him. He has given this team absolutely nothing that you couldn't have gotten from the UFA bin.

But it was stupid to trade for him to begin with, if the whole idea was that they could flip him for something better. I didn't then and I don't now understand why they would trade for him. He has given this team absolutely nothing that you couldn't have gotten from the UFA bin.

I am looking forward to see if he goes toe to toe with Wilson again if they play the Caps in the playoffs ;)

Couldn't agree more.

Archived