• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Now Negotiating With Hayes, Zuccarello

Phil

Interesting that Carp and Brooks are on complete opposite sides here. Curious if disinformation was given to one just to see if it would get printed.

Maybe it's something in the middle. Like Gorton talking to Hayes agent about talking to a potential buyer with an extension on the table once he's traded.

I really don't want these two back. Tear it down. Only spend market value on elite talent.

I'm not really sure that either Getzlaf or Kovalchuk are more attractive pieces then Hayes right now. If for no other reason than they have time left of their contracts.

I agree on those two, but the point still stands imo.

Panarin, Duchene and Stone are the big fish heading into this deadline. I don't think we'll see much movement before those guys are off the board one way or the other.

It might lead to deals happening very close to the deadline, depending on when Ottawa set their own deadline for Duchene & Stone signing/being officially on the market.

I think that's exactly what happened. The Rangers are notoriously tight-lipped about these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It is hard to argue Carp's point that the more Gorton knows about where the price points are for these guys, the more creative he can be in negotiations with other teams.

Joe Fortunato

Joe Fortunato

@JoeFortunatoBSB

?

36m

Talked about this on the pod this week, but the Hayes market probably goes from soft to red-hot the moment Duchene moves. Teams who missed out on him are going to gun hard to not miss on Hayes, and that's fine, too. Friedman speculated that with Columbus.

Joe Fortunato

Joe Fortunato

@JoeFortunatoBSB

?

42m

Hayes makes almost too much sense for Columbus. Bigger body Torts covets, can help down the middle, could replace some offense if they do move on from Panarin ...

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Joe Fortunato

Joe Fortunato

@JoeFortunatoBSB

?

36m

Talked about this on the pod this week, but the Hayes market probably goes from soft to red-hot the moment Duchene moves. Teams who missed out on him are going to gun hard to not miss on Hayes, and that's fine, too. Friedman speculated that with Columbus.

Joe Fortunato

Joe Fortunato

@JoeFortunatoBSB

?

42m

Hayes makes almost too much sense for Columbus. Bigger body Torts covets, can help down the middle, could replace some offense if they do move on from Panarin ...

lets add a conditional pick that we send them that kicks in if they trade us Panarin's rights pre July 1st and we reach an agreement on a deal with him

Hayes is looking for 5 years, north of 7 mill per

Zuc wants to stay in NY, will take a friendly deal to stay.

A deal for Kreider will have to be an offer they can’t refuse. Of course that’ll be heavily debated by the fans if it happens.

In on Panarin

In on Karlsson

Hayes is looking for 5 years, north of 7 mill per

Zuc wants to stay in NY, will take a friendly deal to stay.

A deal for Kreider will have to be an offer they can?t refuse. Of course that?ll be heavily debated by the fans if it happens.

In on Panarin

In on Karlsson

Cool. I don't know why i'm hesitant about Karlsson but I am. I'm totally down with Panarin.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Elliotte Friedman Retweeted

Renaud Lavoie

@renlavoietva

Spies in New York are telling me Marc Bergevin will be at MSG this afternoon for the

@NJDevils, @NYRangers game.

Funny, both the Devils and us have scratched our trade bait players so I guess he came a day late. Unless he?s here to negotiate face to face, LoL.( Montreal has over 9 mil. in cap space)

Archived