• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#43) Rangers vs. New York Islanders // Go On and Have Fun Out There, Kiddos

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ozzy with interesting predictions once again and I agree with what you are painting for tonight's game.

So, just to be clear, it appears as if many here (and NYR fans everywhere) understand the need to lose so we can draft better. We're also applauding Dolan for 'staying the course' but he himself says that he's not advocating for a season tank. Which is it?

Compete hard and lose. This notion is the best scenario. It builds a culture of 'compete' while at the same time reaching the greater objective. Still, doesn't the overall effect of losing wear thin and try guy's patience and psyche? (It does for those of us watching late into the third period approaching midnight on a western road trip.) I dunno guys, I don't understand how we can have it both ways. This is a nuanced process me thinks.

Just to be clear, I'm going with "E" above. :cheers:

You're traveling umpteen miles to MSG and then, I suppose, you'll be rooting for the Islanders to win. Makes alot of sense to me.

BTW, hope you enjoyed the heartbreaking loss!!

Never seen any team of hockey players at any level who seemed less inclined to score. Quinn wants them to go to the goal and shoot, but too often they're perfectly happy to pass round the outside and look for another pass rather than take a simple hard shot on net.

It's incredibly hard to understand...It's like they're trying NOT to shoot! ...you know what? I'm good with that! I want Jack Hughes anyway, so yeah...good!! I hope they don't shoot!! :rofl:

Here's my call:

Going with a Rangers 4-2 loss

Isles win late on a bad goal...then, yes Virginia....another empty netter.

Shots on goal:

Isles- 36

NYR - 23

Face Offs:

Isles- 55%

NYR - 45%

Hits:

Isles- 28

NYR - 21

Blocked shots:

Isles - 10

NYR - 12

Let's see....I called the loss on a late goal - CHECK..especially BAD on Pionk :rofl: (that was horrible!!!!)

Missed the score by 1 (on the Rangers)...not bad

Empty netter was fail

30 - 20 Shots On Goal: Rangers side...Fail...but they only had 12 through 2 periods- I know...Fail anyway

Faceoffs were 59% - 41% Isles...Not too shabby there!

Hits were 37-36 Rangers...who counts those?? When their ass hits the bench, that's NOT a hit!!

Blocks 20-14 Isles...ugh...I hate that stat anyway.

Bottom line: we get another step towards the top of the draft order.

Night out with my son.

Good enough NYR effort to keep us watching.

Regulation L.

Adult beverages.

Pinkberey dessert.

I’m happy.

Hey man!! Sounds like you guys had a blast!! Good for you Frank. I was still hoping for you to catch a W, but this team just swallows the hard one!

1. LA Kings 37 pts

2. Philadelphia

3. Detroit

4. Ottawa

5. NJ

6. Chicago

7. St Louis

8. NY Rangers 41 pts

Not that far out of first place.

THIS^^^

Fletch, I'm with you man...I've started scoreboard watching already!

1. LA Kings 37 pts

2. Philadelphia

3. Detroit

4. Ottawa

5. NJ

6. Chicago

7. St Louis

8. NY Rangers 41 pts

Not that far out of first place.

And I like to think that we have better players that will be dealt making us significantly worse by mid-February than some of these other teams. I think we can make it to last!

Archived