• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Andersson Facing Uncertain Future as Rangers Get Healthy

Phil

We will know way before five years how this puck turned out. The expansion draft will force the rangers hand of whether to protect him or not. My prediction is that he’s unprotected and also not selected. His skating is such a problem. In a league where nothing else matters even remotely close to pace of play, he’s can’t keep up. He doesn’t possess other skills that mask this deficiency. Bottom line is he maybe a quality bottom 6 guy but nothing you build around or you are scared of losing.

And yes this is a prediction not a summary of his career.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said it before and I'll say it again skating and pace of the game isn't going to be fixed at the NHL level on limited minutes and for God's sake you don't give a guy like him at this point quality mins. Belesky went down so I guess he stays for now. Getting fleeced for that goal doesn't help his cause. Just a terrible play.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Depends what you mean by “over.”

Trading picks for expiring contracts? Signing big name free agents? It really all depends how good our own draft picks turn out to be. If Andersson,Chytil, Kratsov and Howden take over with Miller and Lundkvist in the back — and they’re all top-end talent, then yes. It’s over. Because you can bring in complimentary players to surround them.

However, if we’re still banking on buying star players then the rebuild is incomplete. The whole point of rebuilding is acquiring cap-friendly top end talent

I say its over and the rangers will start signing top free agents. maybe even this offseason. I don't see them selling off after this season. just my opinion. like you said, couple of more 1st rounders this draft and that's about it

I say its over and the rangers will start signing top free agents. maybe even this offseason. I don't see them selling off after this season. just my opinion. like you said, couple of more 1st rounders this draft and that's about it

I hope this is the case. That's why I'm complaining about every single point we eke out. They need to be in the running for Jack Hughes.

Archived