• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Andersson Facing Uncertain Future as Rangers Get Healthy

Phil

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hear you, but when you see Chytil vs Howden, Chytil has a dynamic aspect to his game that's apparent, even when he's not converting. His game oozes offense.

Howden is more meat and potates, cycle, get pucks to net, maybe some will go in...Kind of like Dubinsky. But he seems smarter.

Yes, precisely.

Let chytil go play in the world juniors coming up. It would be a good confidence boost for him

I'm all for that, but it's not going to happen.

In soccer, that's a given, in hockey it's blasphemy. One of those is the most popular sport in the world. The other treats international play like it's leprosy.

Strome shouldnt be blocking anyone from playing time. He got 20 minutes last game lol.

Give Andersson that 20 min for a couple of weeks with good linemates and see how it goes.

Why? The worst thing that could happen is anyone giving Lias minutes because of where he was drafted.

Earn your ice.

Howden has flat out plateaud. He's a 3rd line C for life, so where does that leave Andersson?

I say on the wing.

What a ridiculous declaration.

I'm cutting off your Brooks consumption if this is how it is going to affect you.

This whole idea that we must predict everything, particularly what kids will amount to and whether 19-20 year olds have plateau'd, is an absurd exercise. The world has gone upside down. Facts are fiction, fiction is spun as facts and most are too ignorant or bias to discern truth. Now we all opine on the career track of a teenager as if it is fixed and predetermined.

Did you not take a human anatomy course? Did you know the frontal lobe cortex does not complete development for males till around 21-23? Do we even need to get into skeletal and muscular maturity?

I know there are parents here who must have a 19 y/o now or once. It gives you a lot of insight.

Dunny what hoop players are finished products on their 20th bday? Do you remember D Green or Curry at 20? What 20 y/o are playing major league baseball? NFL football? WTF guys!

Strome shouldn't be blocking anyone from playing time. He got 20 minutes last game lol.

Give Andersson that 20 min for a couple of weeks with good linemates and see how it goes.

Andersson can be the tool player this team needs as long as we give him those 20 minutes and place him on a line where he can perform for a certain period of time

Why? The worst thing that could happen is anyone giving Lias minutes because of where he was drafted.

Earn your ice.

Yes, but just because you don't think he has earned a chance to play with better teammates and more ice time doesn't mean he hasn't. Hockey players need more than 7 minutes a game to produce at a favorable clip. I think he has made plenty of plays to warrant additional time. You choose to focus on the negatives and I choose to focus on the positives with a young team.

Personally, I don't like seeing the letter the Rangers sent out last spring, followed by a firesale, only to have Ryan fucking Strome chew up time.

Yes, but just because you don't think he has earned a chance to play with better teammates and more ice time doesn't mean he hasn't. Hockey players need more than 7 minutes a game to produce at a favorable clip. I think he has made plenty of plays to warrant additional time. You choose to focus on the negatives and I choose to focus on the positives with a young team.

Personally, I don't like seeing the letter the Rangers sent out last spring, followed by a firesale, only to have Ryan fucking Strome chew up time.

Well, Ryan Strome was producing.

Lias is getting 7 minutes because the coach has warranted his play deserves 7 minutes. It's got nothing to do with what I think or focus on. ?\_(ツ)_/?

What a ridiculous declaration.

I'm cutting off your Brooks consumption if this is how it is going to affect you.

This whole idea that we must predict everything, particularly what kids will amount to and whether 19-20 year olds have plateau'd, is an absurd exercise. The world has gone upside down. Facts are fiction, fiction is spun as facts and most are too ignorant or bias to discern truth. Now we all opine on the career track of a teenager as if it is fixed and predetermined.

Did you not take a human anatomy course? Did you know the frontal lobe cortex does not complete development for males till around 21-23? Do we even need to get into skeletal and muscular maturity?

I know there are parents here who must have a 19 y/o now or once. It gives you a lot of insight.

Dunny what hoop players are finished products on their 20th bday? Do you remember D Green or Curry at 20? What 20 y/o are playing major league baseball? NFL football? WTF guys!

All I'm saying I think he projects to a 45-50 point guy at this level. Are you suggesting the entire scouting profession is useless because hey, all their cortex lobal medulas haven't fully developed yet?

I'm making a projection, based on what I see, and I don't see a guy that is overly dynamic on offence, I think that's a pretty objective view, and indeed lines up with everything said about him before during and after his draft.

If you want a 50 point second line center then sure, call him whatever you want.

Lias is getting 7 minutes because the coach has warranted his play deserves 7 minutes. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Apparently Quinn's brain isn't fully developed either otherwise there's no explanation especially along the lines of he hasn't earned more ice further up in the lineup. :)

jsrangers, can you point me to the last non-critical post you made. Where maybe you said something positive about a Ranger player. Is this schtick or are you just dogmatically negative about the Rangers?

BTW, I was talking about the development of kid's brains and bodies, nothing to do with Quinn. Nor have I commented about Quinn's brain or use of Lias. So why do you conflate my post about predicting kid's careers with Quinn's day-to-day lineup decisions?

jsrangers, can you point me to the last non-critical post you made. Where maybe you said something positive about a Ranger player. Is this schtick or are you just dogmatically negative about the Rangers?

BTW, I was talking about the development of kid's brains and bodies, nothing to do with Quinn. Nor have I commented about Quinn's brain or use of Lias. So why do you conflate my post about predicting kid's careers with Quinn's day-to-day lineup decisions?

You set yourself up with the bunk about brain development. Come on. Stop.

I'm going to manage my expectations with Andersson. I don't believe anything Gorton had to say about him today but I do think he can bring some intangibles to the table.

I think the key with him is will be be an absolute cunt to play against because I think that's in him and if he brings that to the table I think he's half way there.

I'm going to manage my expectations with Andersson. I don't believe anything Gorton had to say about him today but I do think he can bring some intangibles to the table.

I think the key with him is will be be an absolute cunt to play against because I think that's in him and if he brings that to the table I think he's half way there.

I'm waiting to see it. I haven't. So far Strome is the bigger cunt

All I'm saying I think he projects to a 45-50 point guy at this level. Are you suggesting the entire scouting profession is useless because hey, all their cortex lobal medulas haven't fully developed yet?

I'm making a projection, based on what I see, and I don't see a guy that is overly dynamic on offence, I think that's a pretty objective view, and indeed lines up with everything said about him before during and after his draft.

If you want a 50 point second line center then sure, call him whatever you want.

Ummm, the scouting profession is kinda like being a meteorologist. You know where this is going. So many scouts differ about the same player, but they have to make assessments so teams can draft, sign and trade. Reports based on the data and observations they have, among other factors weighs into a dynamic rating/ranking. There is a common dataset though. All kids are around 18 and being compared others the same age. Comparing kids the same age is a helluva lot easier than comparing them to what they will be at 26 or against current 2C's.

As soon as a kid is drafted, the scouting starts all over again by actual coaches. These coaches are constantly telling us that they need time (often years) to see what a kid can be and they see them all day for 7-8 months a year. You've watched sports forever, you know you don't really know what you have until an older age, with very few exceptions.

Good scouts look at skills, smarts, athleticism, intangibles, etc etc. Production and numbers are for those who can't watch it all or to supplement the scouting. Production at an early age is often misleading. Howden could range from Bonino or to a souped-up Stepan to Bergeron or anywhere in between. It almost always takes a lot more time, maturity and experience than this to figure it out.

You set yourself up with the bunk about brain development. Come on. Stop.

Bunk? Science.

Look it up, it is a key point of much research in neurology these days. Wait till you see the difference in your own kids when 17/18 versus 21/22. And here is a free tip. Discourage your kid from smoking pot at 18, it looks to stunt the development of the frontal lobe. 21 is probably still too soon, but I'm trying to be realistic.

Bunk? Science.

Look it up, it is a key point of much research in neurology these days. Wait till you see the difference in your own kids when 17/18 versus 21/22. And here is a free tip. Discourage your kid from smoking pot at 18, it looks to stunt the development of the frontal lobe. 21 is probably still too soon, but I'm trying to be realistic.

It's bunk about anything to do with hockey. Plenty of 20 year olds come in kill it.

Please, do try and be realistic.

It's bunk about anything to do with hockey. Plenty of 20 year olds come in kill it.

Please, do try and be realistic.

Sure, the prodigies from around the world or a few talented 1st rounders well-ahead of the physical and mental maturity curve of their peers. The big kids have an advantage even if not fully physically mature. Things even out around 21.

I am realistic and the first one to point out that the kids are better trained, coached, developed, etc, in modern times. It is critical to infuse your roster with youth now. There will be more and more 20 y/o who can hold down a regular top 9 spot, but that still won't tell us how far some kids will progress 3-5 years down the road.

Athletics have changed, but human anatomy not so much. Why do so many college freshmen get red shirted in football, including top QBs? Why does a true junior in college football look like such a different player than when he was a frosh? One explanation is football is more physical, but hockey is still a very physical game. Enough so that maturity matters and can only be discounted in specific exception circumstances.

Sure, the prodigies from around the world or a few talented 1st rounders well-ahead of the physical and mental maturity curve of their peers. The big kids have an advantage even if not fully physically mature. Things even out around 21.

I am realistic and the first one to point out that the kids are better trained, coached, developed, etc, in modern times. It is critical to infuse your roster with youth now. There will be more and more 20 y/o who can hold down a regular top 9 spot, but that still won't tell us how far some kids will progress 3-5 years down the road.

Athletics have changed, but human anatomy not so much. Why do so many college freshmen get red shirted in football, including top QBs? Why does a true junior in college football look like such a different player than when he was a frosh? One explanation is football is more physical, but hockey is still a very physical game. Enough so that maturity matters and can only be discounted in specific exception circumstances.

OK, call me when the cortex is lobed. Then we can decide if his corsi was fenwick close.

Archived