• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#17) Rangers at Columbus Blue Jackets // Return of the Duke

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like all these Staals have some kind of late career resurgence just when you're sure they should probably hang them up.

I don't know how long Staal can keep playing like this, he's gotta be hurting already, but man he's laying it all out there, what a warrior.

WTF are we doing 2 points off the division lead??? This rebuild is getting curiouser and curiouser.

To be fair the league is incredibly even so far. No one really running away with it, no one bar possibly the Kings cut adrift. I still expect the Rangers to drop back in the next couple of months, but credit where it’s due; Quinn has got this team playing and they’re hard to beat. It’s very encouraging.

Yes. Through 50 years of watching the Rangers, there has been an infinite number of points at which I wished for a grittier, more hustling, more aggressive hockey team. It's pretty much impossible now to root against that just to get a better draft position.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I believe a top 3 draft pick would be helpful in terms of being as good as we possibly can in the next 3 or 4 years.

There comes a time where you leave that aside and start thinking about a playoff run. I'm not there yet, to be honest.

I'm enjoying watching this team though. It's better to watch than in a long time.

But not too very far away, the possibility a top 3 pick will fade to black if we keep racking up points at or anywhere near this rate. The improvement curve is also significant. Already, the "we're building something here" mentality is competing with that of a rebuild that hasn't yet completed the demolition phase. Would be great to get both outcomes, but they're in conflict.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Quinn Effect is in full swing. He's getting most of his players to play to their full potential. Something AV had a hard time with. I didn't think Hayes would turn up his game to show he wanted to stay in NY but he is proving me wrong. Everyone, myself included, were underwhelmed by Vlad and Veseys games but again Quinn is getting their best efforts. Any outliers are sat. Love it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The Quinn Effect is in full swing. He's getting most of his players to play to their full potential. Something AV had a hard time with. I didn't think Hayes would turn up his game to show he wanted to stay in NY but he is proving me wrong. Everyone, myself included, were underwhelmed by Vlad and Veseys games but again Quinn is getting their best efforts. Any outliers are sat. Love it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Got to admit, the "Quinn Bin" is pretty good.

But not too very far away, the possibility a top 3 pick will fade to black if we keep racking up points at or anywhere near this rate. The improvement curve is also significant. Already, the "we're building something here" mentality is competing with that of a rebuild that hasn't yet completed the demolition phase. Would be great to get both outcomes, but they're in conflict.

Yeah, if they keep this up it'll be time to recalibrate. I really don't think what they're doing at the moment is sustainable, but if we're still here post xmas then it's time to start looking at the playoffs.

I think it's going to take a lot for Gorton not to sell at the deadline, but who knows if Quinn has them close to the top of the division.

Scott Wheeler said quite a few of the GM's have told him they're absolutely not moving their firsts at the deadline which might have some bearing on what happens as well.

To be fair the league is incredibly even so far. No one really running away with it, no one bar possibly the Kings cut adrift. I still expect the Rangers to drop back in the next couple of months, but credit where it?s due; Quinn has got this team playing and they?re hard to beat. It?s very encouraging.

I agree. The league is filled with average teams. It will take a few more months for things to settle and teams to realistically rise and fall respectively.

I really like what Quinn is bringing to this team. That?s my big take away so far. (Unlike Shurmur with the NY Giants).

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Rangers had to work really hard to get Quinn to come here and now I'm understanding why they jumped through all those hoops.

I HATE Kevin Hayes and Jimmy Vesey but even I have to admit when they're playing well. I give a lot of credit to Quinn who is getting something out of almost nothing in terms of team makeup. I really didn't think it was possible.

I still fully expect to see this team fall off the map in the coming weeks because winning solely via shootout is not a recipe for success but nevertheless, I like the teams attitude more than I have in the last 3+ years.

Archived