• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#15) Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens // Quatre de Suite?

Phil

its still early but if they keep playing like this, it would be dark ages all over again. either fucking tank or go all the way for it. don't be a .500 team and finish 19th in the standing

If they trade first round draft picks to rent Eberle, when they are in 11th in the conference, and fail to make the playoffs, that would resemble the dark ages.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just astounding to me that people see the only avenue to success in this league as: Purposefully suck for some time. Accumulate assets due to being a complete embarrassment as being an embarrassment is richly rewarded in this league. Then, put it all together for some eight to ten year window, and repeat the process.

This prevailing view has to be the single worst by-product of modern sports, it's entirely valueless and nihilistic.I'm not really interested in succeeding through embarrassment, there's zero honour in something like that.

If it happens organically? OK, fine. But if they're in a playoff spot and sell everybody?

Fuck that.

It's just astounding to me that people see the only avenue to success in this league as: Purposefully suck for some time. Accumulate assets due to being a complete embarrassment as being an embarrassment is richly rewarded in this league. Then, put it all together for some eight to ten year window, and repeat the process.

This prevailing view has to be the single worst by-product of modern sports, it's entirely valueless and nihilistic.I'm not really interested in succeeding through embarrassment, there's zero honour in something like that.

If it happens organically? OK, fine. But if they're in a playoff spot and sell everybody?

Fuck that.

post #154 was a joke.

i don't think they would sell everyone if they were in a playoff spot. i think they would package Chytil, Andersen, Shesterkin, and 3 first round picks for a rental and a chance at conference finals.

in today's NHL u must draft well. cant draft well if you're constantly drafting mid round or trading your picks

im not interested in top 5, I want top 2 draft spot. otherwise what was the point of this season?

Yeah last season was annoying when they won those games down the stretch and fell to the 9th spot ugh. Enough of this half ass, top 3 positions is where the real chance of success lies at. They really could use a top pick on this roster next summer.

I’m enjoying watching this team. You have to play to win always. If you don’t then you will only make it harder to build what you want eventually. There is a long way to go here. Plenty of time for them to prove their worth or their suck. Trades are looming regardless. Enjoy them playing well. Worry about the other shot later. Finishing last guarantees nothing.

This team plays tenaciously. They are all in on Quinn's philosophy and it is evident most nights on the ice. They are starting to develop that annoying as fuck to play against personality. This will only get them so far though since they currently lack the talent/experience to truly compete. They'll go on some runs like this but they'll also go on some runs where they can't win. In the end they'll almost certainly have a top 10 pick and with a little luck it'll be higher. In the meantime though, the way these boys are playing is really promising and starts giving me that glimmer of hope for future success.

This team plays tenaciously. They are all in on Quinn's philosophy and it is evident most nights on the ice. They are starting to develop that annoying as fuck to play against personality. This will only get them so far though since they currently lack the talent/experience to truly compete.

This is Vegas last year, to a T.

I’m enjoying watching this team. You have to play to win always. If you don’t then you will only make it harder to build what you want eventually. There is a long way to go here. Plenty of time for them to prove their worth or their suck. Trades are looming regardless. Enjoy them playing well. Worry about the other shot later. Finishing last guarantees nothing.

This team plays tenaciously. They are all in on Quinn's philosophy and it is evident most nights on the ice. They are starting to develop that annoying as fuck to play against personality. This will only get them so far though since they currently lack the talent/experience to truly compete. They'll go on some runs like this but they'll also go on some runs where they can't win. In the end they'll almost certainly have a top 10 pick and with a little luck it'll be higher. In the meantime though, the way these boys are playing is really promising and starts giving me that glimmer of hope for future success.

I'm having a pretty good time watching the development of not only the players, but the whole franchise. The team has seemed to take on an entirely new attitude; even guys like Staal are jumping into the play, and also playing with an edge I have rarely if ever seen. But make no mistake, this team has neither the experience nor the talent just yet to win in the playoffs. They're promising and exciting to watch, yes! ...and I haven't missed a minute of this season because of it!

I'm usually in front of the TV 10 minutes before gametime awaiting our next "adventure". But that aside, come trade deadline time, we're going to have to make some franchise business changes and that's where we'll be moving guys out and/or around to allow for growth for the seasons to come. I totally expect this team to finish with around 72-75 points, which shouldn't be enough to make the playoffs, and may even be a top 5 pick in the draft. That's about 30-32 wins and about 10 ties. So there's room for "error" in winning some games.

I've actually taken a much different approach this year and I'm watching the games in a much different perspective; Kind of like a "Let's see what you got, kid?" approach. Even if it's only for a little while, before reality sets in, at least we have a few season highlights thus far, and some promise in some players for the years to come.

..so yeah, I'm totally on board with you guys!

Archived