• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#15) Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens // Quatre de Suite?

Phil

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just may be the popular opinion, but Jesus, Mary and Hank, I cannot embrace the tank. I don't have the mental fortitude for it. WHAT a Game. If they lost, it would have sucked.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

They can win some games, sure. But more often than not they'll play well enough to lose.

They're not competitive enough to do anything other than eek into the playoffs. They have no chance at a Cup, especially if they sell free agents which they MUST DO. So just eeking in isn't gonna help.

For this team right now, if you're not gonna win the cup, get the highest pick you can.

They can win some games, sure. But more often than not they'll play well enough to lose.

They're not competitive enough to do anything other than eek into the playoffs. They have no chance at a Cup, especially if they sell free agents which they MUST DO. So just eeking in isn't gonna help.

For this team right now, if you're not gonna win the cup, get the highest pick you can.

Nothing like being a positive NYR fan. " Eeking in " doesn't necessarily mean a team can't go on to possibly win the cup. Check out the Canucks -7th place finishers in '94 - battling the NYR down to a one goal 7th game. That series could have gone either way. I'm for rooting on the Rangers to win every game. Not a fan that dreams of high draft picks by losing; most don't pan out as expected. Last nite's victory, although not perfect, shows us all what happens when teams stick together and play with a purpose.

giphy.gif

That was the best Ranger game I've watched in 3+ years.

I'm impressed with how the guys are sticking up for one another -- perhaps the single most positive sign I've seen in some time. I hoped AV's passive shit would go with him and it feels like it finally is.

I know it's been a pretty damn good stretch of late, and even though it's still going to have it's shares of low points...today is a day to celebrate a little bit.

I'm really loving this new attitude and these guys are seeming to play for one another...HARD! Quinn has been such a breath of fresh air so far.

...and that Pionk?? ...looked like the Leetch spin-a-rama play! I literally jumped out of my chair...I've played it back 10 times already on you tube!

Me too, and I thought Skjei looked fresh. Played physical, used his speed well. How did he do the rest of the game?

And what about Lias? Will he stay or get sent down again?

Skjei and ADA were almost flawless, strong with the puck in all zones and dominant at times. Pionk and Staal were very steady till around the 3rd when they turned it up a notch. Staal made a bunch of good plays and Pionk then did Bobby Orr. Smith is playing with strength and confidence and Shatty only fouled up a couple of times.

I want to give a shout out to Tony D as well. Scored a huge goal and was first in to stick up for his teammates. I feel like he’s slowly coming in to his own.

And the kid is a heck of a passer too. NHL network today praising him for "handling pressure in his own end w/o needing to scrum it up". I prefer he uses skill and finesse instead of getting tangled up and trying to be physical to overcompensate for his size. It may be what Dude was saying about him being overly physical at times and that he needs to pick his spots. I don't need him to be too gritty, but I do love when he takes the body to ride off the puck carrier. Or when he sticks up for teammates and doesn't get pushed around.

He's a smaller guy though. Don't want him to drop his gloves unless it is really warranted (he is a bit too willing) or it Gallagher/Marchand. Forget his head, he needs to protect his hands.

Staal was a beast.

Pissed off Staal is good Staal.

Dunny, You're right man. That's just about the most involved I've seen Staal in the last several years. I think Quinn is rubbing off on him as well...Great sign! If Staal can give that kind of effort going forward, I'll like it a lot more!

its still early but if they keep playing like this, it would be dark ages all over again. either fucking tank or go all the way for it. don't be a .500 team and finish 19th in the standing

I agree. Thing is, I think this is just a fluctuation and they'll only be worse when they sell the bigger pieces anyway. So they should come back to earth. Hopefully in time to sink far enough that they earn a top-five draft spot.

Archived