• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#6) Rangers vs. Colorado Avalanche // MacKinnon and the Kenya Ice Lions

Phil

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THAT is a coach. THAT is what I want to hear. Everything he said in that video shows me that he expects the best from each guy and that he won?t accept anything less. He?s not figuring out every detail in 5-6 games.

If in 2-3 years this team only has a few guys that we have here today, and new ones are making us a awesome squad heading towards a Cup...I?m all for it.

Yessir!!! I'm with ya, big papa!!!

...and I gotta give Vodka a shout out...he called that win last night! We played a surprisingly good game against a rather good team. Nice effort!!! I enjoyed the shit out of that one last night!

What? How? They're a bottom-three team right now. Even if they improve over the next few months, you really think it's going to be dramatic, and dramatic enough to either stave off a February sell-off, or where any sell-off doesn't immediately wipe out their progress?

The way I see it, they're going to be something similar to what they are now, perhaps marginally improved. They're then going to get gutted for parts in February and will close out the year playing kids en route to a bottom-five finish.

I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE.

The Quinn presser was awesome. Finally we are getting around to making the locker room accountable. I've long said that this organization got into a bad habit of coddling these players.

Now more than ever given the rebuild the message needs to be crystal clear and hammered home that anything but the best effort and a full buy in by the players will not be tolerated.

The Quinn presser was awesome. Finally we are getting around to making the locker room accountable. I've long said that this organization got into a bad habit of coddling these players.

Now more than ever given the rebuild the message needs to be crystal clear and hammered home that anything but the best effort and a full buy in by the players will not be tolerated.

Not for nothing, but AV did a lot of the same things. Girardi sat for a game, JT/Buch were constantly moved down in the lineup, Smith was banished to Hartford, Vesey played 4th line minutes.

I mean, Quinn played Cody McLeod over Buchnevich and Claesson over ADA. AV got hammered for such moves.

Not for nothing, but AV did a lot of the same things. Girardi sat for a game, JT/Buch were constantly moved down in the lineup, Smith was banished to Hartford, Vesey played 4th line minutes.

I mean, Quinn played Cody McLeod over Buchnevich and Claesson over ADA. AV got hammered for such moves.

he is the new kid On the block

Yes and no; you are looking at this through the context of a 6 game sample size here. Who is he going to put in besides Cody McCleod on the wing that is a sizable improvement? Ryan Gropp? Right now even though I think ADA is oozing with talent and could be Cam Fowler good if/when he puts it all together, it's not like he was sitting Erik Karlson in favor of Claesson.

The main difference that I am seeing between AV & Quinn is that his decisions are transparent to the media, fanbase, and the players. Who knows how far AV went in explaining his roster & playing time moves to his players; it certainly was not clear to the media or fanbase.

Yes and no; you are looking at this through the context of a 6 game sample size here. Who is he going to put in besides Cody McCleod on the wing that is a sizable improvement? Ryan Gropp? Right now even though I think ADA is oozing with talent and could be Cam Fowler good if/when he puts it all together, it's not like he was sitting Erik Karlson in favor of Claesson.

The main difference that I am seeing between AV & Quinn is that his decisions are transparent to the media, fanbase, and the players. Who knows how far AV went in explaining his roster & playing time moves to his players; it certainly was not clear to the media or fanbase.

“I would say he’s shown a real skill set to get away from people and make plays with the puck, but we are talking to him about a little better consistency,” Vigneault recently told the New York Post.

“Any young player I’ve had throughout my NHL career, there’s a learning curve, there’s peaks and valleys, and Butchie is a lot like that,” Vigneault said. “But there is a tremendous amount of upside with that young man. We’ve just got to continue to work with him to get it to be more consistent.”

https://thehockeywriters.com/rangers-pavel-buchnevich/

#Phil

I think I see the point you are trying to make, but not really sure how 2 out of context quotes(are they even from the same press conference/interview?) and a link to one of Phil's articles makes that point without any sort of elaboration?

If Buchnevich spends 8 games in the press box and is skating long stretches of games with Cody McCleod and Boo Nieves on the fourth line, with only the linked article below to show for it; then I will be equally as critical on Quinn as I was of AV. Back to my original point; it has been 6 games, I believe Quinn gets a little more leeway to assert his control over this team and assess how they respond.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/david-quinn-delivers-message-by-benching-pavel-buchnevich/

Well, you are more than welcomed to look for additional quotes to back your statement that AV didn't make such claims, when there are a plethora of articles clearing communicating his dissatisfaction with Buchnevich, and others.

Well, you are more than welcomed to look for additional quotes to back your statement that AV didn't make such claims, when there are a plethora of articles clearing communicating his dissatisfaction with Buchnevich, and others.

Time out. I made a generalization that AV did not do as good job of communicating to the press, media, and fanbase about the thought process on how playing time was allocated and accountability(implied) vs. how Quinn has through 6 games.

You responded with a link to an article from March and one sentence between your two posts. I don't see anything in my original post about AV adequately explaining Buch's benchings either, so please pardon me if I don't feel obligated to go hunting for additional quotes on a statement that I didn't make.

Do you think that AV did a better job of communicating his line-ups and accountability than Quinn has through the pre-season and first 6 games?

Time out. I made a generalization that AV did not do as good job of communicating to the press, media, and fanbase about the thought process on how playing time was allocated and accountability(implied) vs. how Quinn has through 6 games.

You responded with a link to an article from March and one sentence between your two posts. I don't see anything in my original post about AV adequately explaining Buch's benchings either, so please pardon me if I don't feel obligated to go hunting for additional quotes on a statement that I didn't make.

Do you think that AV did a better job of communicating his line-ups and accountability than Quinn has through the pre-season and first 6 games?

I think he did the same thing.

Geez. look at all the twitter comments about his gray tshirt, his rangers warmup suit, his ties, his gum, his hair.

People didn't listen to him because they didn't like him, but he said the same things Quinn has been saying.

In this aspect, they are literally doing the same things. Well, Quinn's leash might be a bit shorter.

I said in another thread, I do like what Quinn is doing. I liked it when AV did it, too.

Archived