• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers/Devils Preseason Game #1 ? 9/17/18 ? 7pm, MSG

Phil

AdA has a much higher ceiling imo. His production in juniors was outstanding, and he put points on the board for both Syracuse and Tucson in the A. It's safe to say he hasn't gotten anywhere near that level as an NHLer, but I still think he has significant upside.

I do like Pionk though, and he impressed me a lot last season. Even though his underlying stats were horrific.

Hopefully, ADA had whatever Lias was having over the summer. He looks strong and fast. Hey, this camp is all about competition. So let them have at it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lias goal didn't impress me, that was a bad turnover by Hall and bad goaltending by Kinkaid.

What impressed me was his first step to separate from Hall, and then his footspeed through the zone. Even in mid-season when Hall is probably trying to backcheck a little harder, don't think he was gonna catch Lias there.

Lias goal didn't impress me, that was a bad turnover by Hall and bad goaltending by Kinkaid.

What impressed me was his first step to separate from Hall, and then his footspeed through the zone. Even in mid-season when Hall is probably trying to backcheck a little harder, don't think he was gonna catch Lias there.

Thought he showed really good hands to get it up over Kinkaid from in close tbh.

But yeah, we knew he had that in his locker. What we probably haven't seen is that ability to separate. Looks like he's worked hard on it over the summer. Or maybe, like said, a settled pre season has done him good. Probably a bit of both.

Guess that's a roundabout way of saying I agree.

They should. Great positioning and great hands. Two of toughest assets to find in players.

For the sake of a nice debate here, I'd like to introduce exhibit A to the jury: First clip in the video below shows McDavid beating a goaltender in a very similar manner tp what Lias did.

Pete, McD's flying, so he's creating space on his own, but he gets in tight and snaps the puck over the G's glove, almost exactly like what Andersson did last night. What's your take on the McD goal?

post had a good read today on Liam working with Prentiss this summer and working on explosiveness.

was a good night to watch some rangers hockey just the same.

Thanks for the tip! A good Brooks article with some good quotes and interesting info. Lias and ADA were so good last night they inspired me to start a thread about standout play (especially the guys here a year or less) during these preseason games. I'll post some of this article over there.

;938622]For the sake of a nice debate here, I'd like to introduce exhibit A to the jury: First clip in the video below shows McDavid beating a goaltender in a very similar manner tp what Lias did.

Pete, McD's flying, so he's creating space on his own, but he gets in tight and snaps the puck over the G's glove, almost exactly like what Andersson did last night. What's your take on the McD goal?

Bad goaltending lol. McD couldn't cut to the middle, the D was bearing down on him. No reason for Smith to leave the post that early.

Also a pretty big difference seeing McDavid coming down... And Lias Andersson.

Archived