• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

No Tavares, No Kovy for the Rangers

Giacomin

honestly my plan is to try and take a road trip to see a game. If im gonna pay out the ass for a game I might as well make a trip out of it

For some playoff games you can get road game tickets plus flight & hotel + money to spend for cheaper than the ticket price alone at MSG

He was offered 8 years and 88 million. How much more can it be driven up ?

He's basically the only franchise player to hit free agency since the salary cap. Unless I'm missing someone else.

My thinking is that it may take a while for him to decide. I really can't think of 5 teams that can afford him. He'd have to think hard about where to go.

SJ is really the only suitor that makes sense. Who else is there?

Toronto isn't going to convince him to come for a 1 year deal. That'd be the dumbest thing he could do. Can they go for more years? If they do, I think they have to trade Marner or Nylander because they will need to get paid very soon. I will shit if they unload one of them for a D man. Unless it's to the Rangers...

What team is competing and has the cap room? I don't see Tampa or Dallas as teams that can afford him with out gutting their teams or getting rid of some contracts (Dallas and Spezza), or endangering signing future RFAs (Dallas Seguin, TB Kucherov, Point). Is Boston able to afford him? Who's the 5th team? LA? How's that going to work?

Someone is going to be willing to spend more than these teams. His best option to get everything IMO is SJ.

Off the top of my head, his best option to get paid, is in NY. Islanders or Rangers. Unless I'm missing some other teams that have that draw.

For some playoff games you can get road game tickets plus flight & hotel + money to spend for cheaper than the ticket price alone at MSG

Or you can just go to Newark and see them there in a building that actually has some juice to it. If you need a nap there is no place like msg

Dude! He mentioned the Rangers one sentence above mine. I was not implying anything else. I'm not even sure how serious he meant it.

Oh, I mean it. Never count the Rangers out of a big time free agent. Especially with a shit ton of cap space.

My Game 6 Expenses to Vancouver in '94 = $600 plane; $100 lodging; $175 ticket (somehow scalpers had loads of tix left outside arena even though the whole province was going nuts!). At same time, Game 5 and 7 tix in NY were going for several thousand. Luckily a good friend took me to Game 7. Good friend, no?

My Game 6 Expenses to Vancouver in '94 = $600 plane; $100 lodging; $175 ticket (somehow scalpers had loads of tix left outside arena even though the whole province was going nuts!). At same time, Game 5 and 7 tix in NY were going for several thousand. Luckily a good friend took me to Game 7. Good friend, no?

I had tickets lined up for game 7 for 5k a piece. Guy called me and said he was offered 8k each. I watched it under the Garden at Houlihans. Place was jammed, gave the hostess $200 for the managers reserved table. Place got trashed. What a night.

my friends drink all my booze and dont help me clean up afterwards.

sounds like a keeper

Archived