• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

OTT Trades Hoffman, Donaghy to SJS for Boedker, Bergman

Phil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everybody understands that Sean Avery is human garbage, right? I mean, it was fun while he was here, but that doesn't change that fact.

Listen to the Mike Mottau episode of Spittin Chiclets. He talks about how much he hated Avery and how he told Brian Boyle to tell Avery to meet him in an alley somewhere and Boyle said "you really want me to waste my breathe on that piece of shit?"

Apparently Avery got his ass kicked by an equipment guy in LA once too lol

Here's a link

Its fine if you didn't like Avery, but when your using Mottau and O'Sullivan as tools to prove he was a piece of shit, they aren't the best examples to use. They weren't really any different from Avery. That was how the game was at that time, and there are still plenty of others who IMO were far worse than Avery. Id say Brasher being here was far more detrimental to the Rangers than Avery. We had a lot of embarrassing players here, Quintal is the biggest IMO who literally said he wished he never came here while he was still on the team. He shit on the Rangers and the fans midseason. IMO, thats far worse than anything Avery ever did.

Its fine if you didn't like Avery, but when your using Mottau and O'Sullivan as tools to prove he was a piece of shit, they aren't the best examples to use. They weren't really any different from Avery. That was how the game was at that time, and there are still plenty of others who IMO were far worse than Avery. Id say Brasher being here was far more detrimental to the Rangers than Avery. We had a lot of embarrassing players here, Quintal is the biggest IMO who literally said he wished he never came here while he was still on the team. He shit on the Rangers and the fans midseason. IMO, thats far worse than anything Avery ever did.

Mostly just talking about how he's a piece of shit human being, and seemingly everyone aside from players who had to say he was fine bc he was on their team at the time agreed.

No, those guys are just first hand witnesses and friends with other first hand witnesses. I saw and heard plenty long ago.

Sure they may have been a couple of guys who were more detrimental to the Rangers, but they were one year and gone. Keeping Avery that long was almost an endorsement. Glad we are well past him and that our current GM isn't affiliated with his tenure here.

Yet, Shanahan and Jagr couldn't say enough good things about Avery. O'Sullivan said the things that came out of Avery's mouth towards team mates was terrible (paraphrase). Not sure I care what he thinks about players. Not as if he were some top player, who did everything right or won a damn thing.

You need to understand how the sport, and how the locker room works before making comments downgrading a players view on other players. Why do you have to be a HOF to have your opinion matter more than someone else? Shanny is a great guy, but people have mixed feelings about him because he stole Craig Janney’s wife. He’s the one that convinced Slats to get Avery here. So what’s the feeling now being that you know all those facts?

You need to understand how the sport, and how the locker room works before making comments downgrading a players view on other players. Why do you have to be a HOF to have your opinion matter more than someone else? Shanny is a great guy, but people have mixed feelings about him because he stole Craig Janney’s wife. He’s the one that convinced Slats to get Avery here. So what’s the feeling now being that you know all those facts?

Because when you have two other piece of shit players calling another guy a piece of shit while not thinking they themselves are a piece of shit, its contradictory. Draper, Cheli, Shanny and Jagr all hold more weight than Mottau and O'Sullivan do. Those guys are the same exact thing as Avery but don't see it.

Because when you have two other piece of shit players calling another guy a piece of shit while not thinking they themselves are a piece of shit, its contradictory. Draper, Cheli, Shanny and Jagr all hold more weight than Mottau and O'Sullivan do. Those guys are the same exact thing as Avery but don't see it.

Ha. O'Sullivan is so self-depreciating and self-aware that its refreshing. He calls himself out so frequently, especially criticizing himself as a player and person, when he first entered the league. Do you listen to his afternoon show? I can't speak for the other guys, but Patrick is nothing like Avery and he is talking as a paid commentator for NHL radio and keeps in contact with NHL players.

He choose not to use players names (who said he could) when testifying to Hoffman's issues getting along with players and coaches at all levels. He doesn't go for the easy or outrageous to garner attention. He tends hard toward candidness, digging under the surface and not suffering fools. Basically assumes his listener has some intelligence and doesn't bullshit.

Really, what about the stars that hate Avery? Stop.

Really, what about the stars that hate Avery? Stop.

Im not saying that there aren't star players who have bad shit to say about Avery, what Im saying is when you have 2 other piece of shit players calling him a piece of shit like they aren't, that takes away their credibility. The two examples here were O'Sullivan and Mottau, those are as far from stars of the NHL as you can get.

Ha. O'Sullivan is so self-depreciating and self-aware that its refreshing. He calls himself out so frequently, especially criticizing himself as a player and person, when he first entered the league. Do you listen to his afternoon show? I can't speak for the other guys, but Patrick is nothing like Avery and he is talking as a paid commentator for NHL radio and keeps in contact with NHL players.

He choose not to use players names (who said he could) when testifying to Hoffman's issues getting along with players and coaches at all levels. He doesn't go for the easy or outrageous to garner attention. He tends hard toward candidness, digging under the surface and not suffering fools. Basically assumes his listener has some intelligence and doesn't bullshit.

Who cares who he works for, doesn't change the fact that he was a fringe NHL player at best who was also a dirty player. And honestly, those are the guys that make the best coaches/commentators because they mostly watched the games from the bench. I have heard him here and there on XM, but I don't find him fascinating to listen to. The guys at Barstool are far better than the XM guys when it comes to talking about hockey.

Wow, Boomer reading a quote or two from Hoffman's teammates. And Patrick chimes in with all the players saying he a down right bad guy. That the room was broken and the even the perception of Karlsson is varied, that there was a lot of friction in the room.

Mike you got to listen to Patrick in hour 2, talk about youth hockey in Canada and coaching the creativity and fun out of the game, for 12 year olds. In Toronto, kids are pigeon-holed by 12. The coaches force most kids to just "be a dumper" and dump the puck in or they are all over their ass. Nice little digression, you would appreciate, if you can listen.

Im not saying that there aren't star players who have bad shit to say about Avery, what Im saying is when you have 2 other piece of shit players calling him a piece of shit like they aren't, that takes away their credibility. The two examples here were O'Sullivan and Mottau, those are as far from stars of the NHL as you can get.

As much as I love Shanny and know what a great guy he is, how many people think differently of him because of what he did? I’d say a lot, so much so that it effected him being a first ballot hof.

You need to understand how the sport, and how the locker room works before making comments downgrading a players view on other players. Why do you have to be a HOF to have your opinion matter more than someone else? Shanny is a great guy, but people have mixed feelings about him because he stole Craig Janney?s wife. He?s the one that convinced Slats to get Avery here. So what?s the feeling now being that you know all those facts?

Nothing has changed. Knew that already (not the Janney thing though). I'll take a team of Shanahans over Patrick O'Sullivan's....

I know Avery is a punk/bitch off ice (NYPD friends have a few stories). He probably was a douchebag in the locker room too. Probably very kliqy.

As for the sport and it's locker rooms.. I'd say that, much like in real life, you see what people really are and you deal with it, while hoping they can contribute something you can't. That's how I envision a pro sports locker room You're hardly ever going to have everyone get along. Hockey players are of course supposed to be some of the best pros. They can't all be sweethearts.

O'Sullivan IMO comes off as someone who thinks he's a big shot because he has a voice on radio. Just comes off as a guy who tries to portray himself as a player that overcame his personal obstacles and shined. Obviously had a much more successful NHL career than I did in case you were going to go there, but he didn't amount to much, from what I remember. He's smug and kliqy himself. Name dropping and pointing out that he used to play in the NHL doesn't make me want to listen...

Nothing has changed. Knew that already (not the Janney thing though). I'll take a team of Shanahans over Patrick O'Sullivan's....

I know Avery is a punk/bitch off ice (NYPD friends have a few stories). He probably was a douchebag in the locker room too. Probably very kliqy.

As for the sport and it's locker rooms.. I'd say that, much like in real life, you see what people really are and you deal with it, while hoping they can contribute something you can't. That's how I envision a pro sports locker room You're hardly ever going to have everyone get along. Hockey players are of course supposed to be some of the best pros. They can't all be sweethearts.

O'Sullivan IMO comes off as someone who thinks he's a big shot because he has a voice on radio. Just comes off as a guy who tries to portray himself as a player that overcame his personal obstacles and shined. Obviously had a much more successful NHL career than I did in case you were going to go there, but he didn't amount to much, from what I remember. He's smug and kliqy himself. Name dropping and pointing out that he used to play in the NHL doesn't make me want to listen...

Ha, to the bolded. Who wouldn't. Was that even in question?

Why does Patrick come off like a big shot, they talk about players, he's not name dropping. Who would give a shit anyway, why would he have to name drop, he played for years. This is goofy. Let's just say you drew a conclusion that you don't like him as a radio commentator. Hopefully not because he is on hockey radio talking about hockey players.

Archived