• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-2018 WCF | Vegas Golden Knights (P1) v. Winnipeg Jets (C2)

Phil

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish the Garden was that loud

It was during playoffs before the renovations. It sucks now.

A group of daffies winning the cup in the best league is embarrassing. That’s like our summer team that you made me play on a few years ago winning the chip in D1.

Nah. It's a testament to what some players can do with proper motivation/good coaching. Even though their are a handful of anomalies, I think it's a great story too. You've seen the games. You can't tell me the support that the team's had isn't awesome. Seems loud as all hell in there. Even if it is easy to like a team when it's winning. I was one of those guys who thought making another hockey team in the desert was a stupid idea. I don't even care that I was wrong. They are fun to watch and a hard working team at that.

Get laid and stop being angry :D

It was during playoffs before the renovations. It sucks now.

Nah. It's a testament to what some players can do with proper motivation/good coaching. Even though their are a handful of anomalies, I think it's a great story too. You've seen the games. You can't tell me the support that the team's had isn't awesome. Seems loud as all hell in there. Even if it is easy to like a team when it's winning. I was one of those guys who thought making another hockey team in the desert was a stupid idea. I don't even care that I was wrong. They are fun to watch and a hard working team at that.

Get laid and stop being angry :D

Ok, lets address a few things:

1. Ironically, if you dig up my posts from last spring, I said they would be a better team than most people thought they would. Obviously not thinking it would get to this point, but they did have a wider range to pick from than previous expansion teams. A) Other expansions drafts, teams were protecting 9 and 5. B) There’s obviously more teams now which widens the range.

2. Lets not be complete nits and think the league woke up, threw a dart on a map, and it hit Vegas. The research was done, they’re never going to have a weak fan base in the first few years of existence anywhere they put a team. Ever. I have a lot of friends in Vegas, some of which don’t know a puck from a poker chip, and even they said it would be big. There has been youth hockey and interest in the game there for 10+ years. They actually host a tier 1 invite every summer with coaches from junior teams and prep schools made up of select teams from mites to midgets.

3. Can we fuckin stop with the excitement bullshit? What fuckin team has been in their conference finals without the city being loud and excited? “The building is loud” Get the fuck outta my shit with that. They’re all fuckin loud. Carolina was loud, Fla was loud, my kids are fuckin loud. Assinine outlook.

4. I got laid Thursday night.

5. Icing on the cake is that Brendan Smith’s brother gets the fuckin game winner.

1. Ironically, if you dig up my posts from last spring, I said they would be a better team than most people thought they would. Obviously not thinking it would get to this point, but they did have a wider range to pick from than previous expansion teams. A) Other expansions drafts, teams were protecting 9 and 5. B) There?s obviously more teams now which widens the range.

2. Lets not be complete nits and think the league woke up, threw a dart on a map, and it hit Vegas. The research was done, they?re never going to have a weak fan base in the first few years of existence anywhere they put a team. Ever. I have a lot of friends in Vegas, some of which don?t know a puck from a poker chip, and even they said it would be big. There has been youth hockey and interest in the game there for 10+ years. They actually host a tier 1 invite every summer with coaches from junior teams and prep schools made up of select teams from mites to midgets.

3. Can we fuckin stop with the excitement bullshit? What fuckin team has been in their conference finals without the city being loud and excited? ?The building is loud? Get the fuck outta my shit with that. They?re all fuckin loud. Carolina was loud, Fla was loud, my kids are fuckin loud. Assinine outlook.

5. Icing on the cake is that Brendan Smith?s brother gets the fuckin game winner.

1. Still a good story

2. Still good for the league and sport

3. Still loud

4. How much did you pay?

5. LOL

1. Still a good story

2. Still good for the league and sport

3. Still loud

4. How much did you pay?

5. LOL

1. Yes, Disney like stuff here.

2. It did enough. Just don’t win. No one is going to stop watching hockey if they lose anymore than more people will watch if they win.

3. Move in here

4. $900

5. What a joke. We’ve been on the wrong brother end every time except for Hank

1. Yes, Disney like stuff here.

2. It did enough. Just don?t win. No one is going to stop watching hockey if they lose anymore than more people will watch if they win.

3. Move in here

4. $900

5. What a joke. We?ve been on the wrong brother end every time except for Hank

We did OK with our Hayes brother.

Mike, you have plenty of cover. You don't need to root against Vegas, just root for Tampa for fucks sakes. Of course, first they better get past the Caps, who are playing some damn good hockey.

Doesn't feel like many of my fellow Ranger fans here give a shit that we have an actual rooting interest this year. There were more here screaming for an open tank, but now that we are 6 wins away from another 1st rounder.... crickets.

1. Ironically, if you dig up my posts from last spring, I said they would be a better team than most people thought they would. Obviously not thinking it would get to this point, but they did have a wider range to pick from than previous expansion teams. A) Other expansions drafts, teams were protecting 9 and 5. B) There’s obviously more teams now which widens the range.

2. Lets not be complete nits and think the league woke up, threw a dart on a map, and it hit Vegas. The research was done, they’re never going to have a weak fan base in the first few years of existence anywhere they put a team. Ever. I have a lot of friends in Vegas, some of which don’t know a puck from a poker chip, and even they said it would be big. There has been youth hockey and interest in the game there for 10+ years. They actually host a tier 1 invite every summer with coaches from junior teams and prep schools made up of select teams from mites to midgets.

3. Can we fuckin stop with the excitement bullshit? What fuckin team has been in their conference finals without the city being loud and excited? “The building is loud” Get the fuck outta my shit with that. They’re all fuckin loud. Carolina was loud, Fla was loud, my kids are fuckin loud. Assinine outlook.

5. Icing on the cake is that Brendan Smith’s brother gets the fuckin game winner.

giphy.gif

This Vegas phenomenon has me a thinking about luck a little bit. Am I the only one who believes that the stars aligned for them almost perfectly?

Sure, I know that whole team has played pretty much out of this world and they have a few guys who are having career years...but their rise came at the perfect time in the NHL...IMO. There are no real dominant teams at this moment to lay a roadblock up for Vegas. The fact that they're playing

the Winnipeg Jets in the semi final pretty much sums that up.

The Blackhawks 2010-2015 mini dynasty has either pretty much ended or is in transition.

The Kings mini dominant run, that we were so fortunate enough, to run into is all but over.

The Penguins were on top for 3 years, so it was a lot to ask for them to piece together another long run.

Maybe the Knights run ends if/when they meet Tampa in the Final, but until then

Mike, you have plenty of cover. You don't need to root against Vegas, just root for Tampa for fucks sakes. Of course, first they better get past the Caps, who are playing some damn good hockey.

Doesn't feel like many of my fellow Ranger fans here give a shit that we have an actual rooting interest this year. There were more here screaming for an open tank, but now that we are 6 wins away from another 1st rounder.... crickets.

Personally, I?m just bitter and miserable in general. Landing the 9th pick in the lottery didn?t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling either.

Sure a Tampa win makes things a bit better and I?m fine with that in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The best part about Vegas is it essentially proves every FO as a complete fraud. These people make 6 and 7 figure salaries to put together competitive hockey clubs and more than that, they gave up EXTRA assets to be sure Vegas took who they all wanted them to take, and look at the outcome.

It's fantastic.

The icing on the cake was in the first period when McNabb cross checked Mark Scheifele in the head, and for Scheifele to get the penalty for the slashing retaliation.

If anyone is throwing the game, it's not Big Buff. It's Connor Hellebuyck for going on skating adventures and giving up bad goals after the Jets finally tie it up.

Four games in a row, the Golden Knights have responded to a Jets goal with a backbreaking one of their own - each one successively more deflating than the one previous, each one either re-gaining the lead or quelling a comeback bid. Four games, an average 44-second response time: 35 seconds, 1:28, 12 seconds, 43 seconds.

https://www.tsn.ca/jets-down-3-1-and-this-comeback-won-t-be-cake-1.1089651

I don't really get the pissing and moaning. Of course I understand it's mildly annoying as a Rangers fan that the new kids on the block can just rock up and go to the Stanley Cup final at the first time of asking. But I think everyone involved with that organization deserves enormous credit. The idea that it's mainly down to "luck" is just silly.

They made smart choices at the draft and put together what is essentially a team with 4 good 2nd lines. Now that normally wouldn't be enough but:

Gallant put together a plan that was tailor made for the players available to him.

Every single guy on that roster is 100% committed to the cause and the way the coach wants them to play. They've been by far the most consistent team this year.

Gallant, his staff and the leaders on the team have been able to galvanise this team into a really tight group.

Of course, you could say they've been lucky with guys like Karlsson and Marchessault both having exceptional years but that is far more down to the environment that's been created for them than it is about fucking "luck".

There is nothing lucky about their incredible performance in the regular season. Nothing lucky about their dismantling of the Kings, Sharks and now quite likely the Jets. In fact, after not showing up in the first game of this series, watching them neutralize the best offense in the league in the last 3 games has been nothing short of remarkable.

In essence, what they've done is put together a run based on a couple of shooters getting hot, rock solid D, a solid group of guys putting in 100% on every shift and a goaltender standing on his head. They're far from the first team to do that. Put it another way, if the Kings put together a run based on the Kopitar line putting up numbers, the D being rock solid and Quick being exceptional I don't think people would be waffling on about luck.

I want the Bolts to win as I want their pick. And I kind of want the Jets to find a way to go through as I love their style of hockey. But this is great. If it's embarrassing then good. Loads of GM's and organizations that have been going through the motions for years that are being shown up.

What gains fans is excellence not parity. The nhl looks like the wwe with Vegas not only going to finals but going without much resistance. Parity should be a curse word but this league thinks mediocrity is great for all. Nobody gets drawn to average anything.

All superstitions are dumb

Agreed. This one has always felt especially stupid to me, though.

Like imagine being told you won the second biggest prize at a fair and refusing to touch the money because there's a chance you can ALSO win the grand prize.

What gains fans is excellence not parity. The nhl looks like the wwe with Vegas not only going to finals but going without much resistance. Parity should be a curse word but this league thinks mediocrity is great for all. Nobody gets drawn to average anything.
Storylines gain fans. And this is a great one.

Archived