• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-2018 WCF | Vegas Golden Knights (P1) v. Winnipeg Jets (C2)

Phil

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

Didn't sell out either game I'm hearing. People would rather stand outside for free or watch from home.

Pretty sad.

Technically, does anything "sell-out" anymore? I looked for Game 5 tickets and there are about 40 to 50 tickets available, which are usually the leftovers and sell backs and whatever words they use to sell or resell at astronomical prices. Does that mean anything. I also read that tickets were being sold and "sold out" for outside viewing in Peg against Minn. Am I reading that wrong? So if they sold out for outside....

BTW, I wasn't a season tckt holder for the Rangers or Knicks in the early 90's. Yet waited in line at the Garden and bought tickets for most of the playoff games including the Finals in 94, for both teams.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He rushed home to watch the game, they just tied the game when he pulled into the driveway. When Vancouver scores to take the lead, he went back in his car to drive around because he thought it was good luck.

I would've done the same thing and isn't it strange thinking this might actually work.

My brother went with $1500 in his pocket to buy a ticket for game 5 and couldn’t get one, you must’ve had better luck

You needed to sleep out at the Garden for playoff tickets, before they even started. You were able to buy 2 tckts to either 2 or 3 games per person, in line. Not sure exactly, but somehow we got tickets to 6 Ranger games. I think it was a few days later that we got Knick playoff tickets too. The same way.

That was not the first year the Garden did that. We did that a couple of times prior, for both the Knicks and Rangers. 1994 was the first time we got to use all our tickets. Those years we never attended a regular season game, but went all-in for the playoffs.

Didn't sell out either game I'm hearing. People would rather stand outside for free or watch from home.

Pretty sad.

TSN radio talked about this. Said the Jets were out pricing their fans so good for the fans. Winnipeg is not Toronto. You can't just charge whatever prices you want.

Im really getting annoyed with Vegas.

look its a great story and all, it wouldve been a great story for them to just make the playoffs

but what the fuck. Fans of basically every other NHL team have been waiting years and years to experience this kind of success and Vegas gets an expansion team and in one year is two games away from going to the fucking finals already. It's ridiculous. Those fans are going to experience success right away while us normal fans toil for years and years clinging to hope that isn't actually there

look its a great story and all, it wouldve been a great story for them to just make the playoffs

but what the fuck. Fans of basically every other NHL team have been waiting years and years to experience this kind of success and Vegas gets an expansion team and in one year is two games away from going to the fucking finals already. It's ridiculous. Those fans are going to experience success right away while us normal fans toil for years and years clinging to hope that isn't actually there

Complete luck. Karlsson, Marchessault, Perron, Reilly Smith, and Haula all had career years.

Ive been saying this for months....Also, their "fans" are annoying as F b/c they havent learned how to lose yet

One thing is certain... they'll never be able to call themselves 'die-hard' fans

Why?

Cause I don?t give a fuck about this ?feel good story?. It?s not for the die hard fans. So fuck Vegas, and their fans. We?ve been heart broken how many fuckin times over the years? 1 Chip in ?94, some of you aren?t old enough to remember or enjoy it. Now I have to watch these assholes in a desert win a Cup. Fuck outta here. I hope Fleury?s dick falls off.

Cause I don’t give a fuck about this “feel good story”. It’s not for the die hard fans. So fuck Vegas, and their fans. We’ve been heart broken how many fuckin times over the years? 1 Chip in ‘94, some of you aren’t old enough to remember or enjoy it. Now I have to watch these assholes in a desert win a Cup. Fuck outta here. I hope Fleury’s dick falls off.

I've been succumbing to the fact that I might not be a die-hard fan lately...of the Rangers.

I've so much interest in so many other teams, players, the leagues from which those players came, the cinderella stories, and the players' stories who shouldn't've been that I've lost sight of the thing that only matters...

:doh: :confused: :p ;) :D :palm: :slats:

Excuse me while I watch one of the most amazing sports stories come to fruition instead of wallowing in a pity party.

I've been succumbing to the fact that I might not be a die-hard fan lately...of the Rangers.

I've so much interest in so many other teams, players, the leagues from which those players came, the cinderella stories, and the players' stories who shouldn't've been that I've lost sight of the thing that only matters...

:doh: :confused: :p ;) :D :palm: :slats:

Excuse me while I watch one of the most amazing sports stories come to fruition instead of wallowing in a pity party.

To me, it’s the game of hockey first, then the Rangers. If Vegas wins, it’s fuckin embarrassing. It’s actually embarrassing already. Winning the Cup would make it worse.

And it's bad for hockey in Vegas. They need at least a few years of misses to build some fan loyalty and get the payoff if/when they get the Stanley Cup.

If they win the Cup this year, how many of these fans are going to be hanging around in subsequent years when they keep getting bounced from the playoffs?

And it's bad for hockey in Vegas. They need at least a few years of misses to build some fan loyalty and get the payoff if/when they get the Stanley Cup.

If they win the Cup this year, how many of these fans are going to be hanging around in subsequent years when they keep getting bounced from the playoffs?

....and/or miss the playoffs in multiple years

Archived