• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-2018 ECSF | Tampa Bay Lightning (A1) v. Boston Bruins (A2)

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got to root for TB to go all the way...we have a #1 pick riding on it.

I'm rooting for Tampa because I am a NYR fan. After all, there are FIVE ex NYR STARTERS contributing to their success in a huge way. JT Miller was a first round pick, for instance, and the brilliant management team leading this organization gave him away for what may turn out to be the biggest swindle in ages. 2 ex Capts. traded to the same team. Can't make this up.

Zuc, we did very well in trading with Boston. Great job by Gorton dealing with his former team.

But let's consider that a late 3rd (3rds in general) suck in the NHL. Only one or two ever really make it. I hope we can parlay both to upgrade one of our other picks.

Also, they got Holden for injury insurance. The B's were hurt severely by injuries in last year's playoffs. Belesky is a liability and salary dump for them and us. Put that on the other side of the ledger. Nash got banged up. He was key in their one win against Tampa and decent against Toronto. Those deadline acquisitions are tricky given there is so little time to adjust.

Zuc, we did very well in trading with Boston. Great job by Gorton dealing with his former team.

But let's consider that a late 3rd (3rds in general) suck in the NHL. Only one or two ever really make it. I hope we can parlay both to upgrade one of our other picks.

Also, they got Holden for injury insurance. The B's were hurt severely by injuries in last year's playoffs. Belesky is a liability and salary dump for them and us. Put that on the other side of the ledger. Nash got banged up. He was key in their one win against Tampa and decent against Toronto. Those deadline acquisitions are tricky given there is so little time to adjust.

Lol. Flip the switch on these deals and this board would have crashed in round 1.

I thought Nash would be better considering their top line would take a ton a pressure off him.

It was more of the same with him there. He created or found himself in a bunch of scoring chances, couldn?t finish.

Needless to say Rangers won that trade :D

It was more of the same with him there. He created or found himself in a bunch of scoring chances, couldn’t finish.

Needless to say Rangers won that trade :D

:thumbs:

Yeah, Nash has streaky puck luck and he never got things going. The injury also threw him off. No matter, it was a no-brainer. He was a UFA, we were going nowhere. We got the 26th pick in a strong 1st round, plus Spooner and other assets. Hard to lose that trade.

Archived