• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#82) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers // Please No Pyrrhic Victory!

Phil

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They did it to Torts.

Is it all AV's fault? No. But as the team gets younger, he's the wrong fit. Marc Staal even said they weren't practicing D-zone coverage enough for the young guys. Need a teacher in next. Not someone who's hands off.

Again, I totally agree with you, but this is also a different situation than what Torts had, you can't really compare them unless players bitch about AV at the exit interviews again. Honestly, you can't really blame him because AV really had nothing to work with the second half of the season. And unless they are going to bring in a top goal scorer, its gonna be the same thing next year again. This team has nothing in its system to become competitive. If they go through an actual rebuild, what we see now is exactly what we will see next season too, so why bring in someone who is going to fail next year anyway?

Wants to? No. Will? Absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I would hope so, but I don't really know if we will see it happen. Again, if they are going to do a proper rebuild, this team is going to be a terrible team next year with basically the same players that we are seeing now. Why not have him finish the contract out and have someone new take over when they get some fresh faces on this team. Unless they plan on rebuilding with some NHL caliber players, there is no rush to get rid of AV. This isn't like what Torts went through, players aren't bitching about him.

Can't have a team full of young players when every mistake by a young player puts him in the doghouse or the 4th line, and the solution is playing some old veteran retread. There aren't going to be a lot of old retreads here next season and there's only going to be 1 4th line.

Maloney said AV wasn't the right coach for this team next season. His system is "impossible" for young players and he leans to heavily on vets to run the room.

When did he say this? I hope it was just now.

Question: Are Gorton and AV "friends" enough that nothing will happen?

Maloney said AV wasn't the right coach for this team next season. His system is "impossible" for young players and he leans to heavily on vets to run the room.

So then who is the right coach to bring in here to make this team competitive? Again, I agree AV needs to go, but who is there to bring in to replace him? Its easy to say lets get rid of him, but finding the right fit is a lot harder.

So then who is the right coach to bring in here to make this team competitive? Again, I agree AV needs to go, but who is there to bring in to replace him? Its easy to say lets get rid of him, but finding the right fit is a lot harder.

Lots of good coaches in the world. I'd love for them to think outside the NHL but we'll see.

Lots of good coaches in the world. I'd love for them to think outside the NHL but we'll see.

You need someone who can win here in the NHL though. European coaches haven't worked here in the NHL because its a totally different game there than here. Its easy to say this, but you don't have a rebuild with someone who has never coached in the NHL. Its a recipe for disaster.

You need someone who can win here in the NHL though. European coaches haven't worked here in the NHL because its a totally different game there than here. Its easy to say this, but you don't have a rebuild with someone who has never coached in the NHL. Its a recipe for disaster.

I'm talking AHL, not Europe. But TSN seems to think 8+ coaches will be fired/opt out at the end of the year.

I'm talking AHL, not Europe. But TSN seems to think 8+ coaches will be fired/opt out at the end of the year.

You said there were lots of good coaches in the world, so thats what I was going off of. But again, who can come in here and be successful with a group of B and C prospects and no legitimate scoring threats?

You said there were lots of good coaches in the world, so thats what I was going off of. But again, who can come in here and be successful with a group of B and C prospects and no legitimate scoring threats?

You're assuming the team that was just on the ice is the team that will start the season next year?

We don't know what that team will look like. And if they are a team of B and C prospects, or they do sign someone like Tavaras/Kovalchuck, you still need a coach who teaches because the majority of the roster will be young guys.

I'm not pretending to have answers but I hope they do their homework and interview names outside the same old shit heap of names that's always kicked around this time of year. Fresh blood. Fresh blood. Fresh blood.

Dilemma.

Didn't watch the game, but have it recorded on DVR. Accidentally saw the score. But it's the last game of the season.... i have to watch it. I'm just a glutton for punishment. Typical Rangers fan.

You're assuming the team that was just on the ice is the team that will start the season next year?

We don't know what that team will look like. And if they are a team of B and C prospects, or they do sign someone like Tavaras/Kovalchuck, you still need a coach who teaches because the majority of the roster will be young guys.

I'm not pretending to have answers but I hope they do their homework and interview names outside the same old shit heap of names that's always kicked around this time of year. Fresh blood. Fresh blood. Fresh blood.

I would stay away from Kovalchuck and I don't see Tavares coming here. This team will be very similar to what we saw here today, minus maybe 1 or 2 vets. The than that, all of our top prospects were playing today, and the free agents are really that impressive this year. Unless they are trading some picks, the team next year won't be much different.

Archived