• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who Will Be the Next Rangers Captain?

Kreider should be traded at the draft. The next person to wear the C probably isn't on the team right now.

bingo.

Kreider is too inconsistent. If the right deal comes along I would absolutely trade him.

I'd give Zucc the C over Kreider and I dont think Zucc is a clear cut captain either.

Go with 3 A's like in the last rebuild and let someone step into the role naturally.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you believe McKenzie we’re looking to pull of a couple of big ones in the summer.

Seems fair to assume the C isn’t here atm. Certainly can’t see a stand out candidate on the current roster.

Without getting into the Staal argument I really don’t like him as captain.

Is he even a good captain? The islanders have sucked the whole time he's been there.

He handles himself well on and off the ice.

And i can?t think of anyone the last 10 years who?s elevated teammates up like him on the ice.

Tavares would be the best ranger we?ve had skating out since Jagr

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He handles himself well on and off the ice.

And i can’t think of anyone the last 10 years who’s elevated teammates up like him on the ice.

Tavares would be the best ranger we’ve had skating out since Jagr

I don't doubt that he's skilled. That doesn't mean he should get a letter. Your captain isn't just your "best player" although that's what teams seem to be doing these days. How a 19 year old can get a letter let alone a "C" makes no sense to me. I don't know. He's been in the middle of shitty situation for such a long time, if he came here it would be my opinion that he shouldn't have the burden of a letter.

Really??

Crosby, McDavid, Stamkos....

Crosby no....he?s better..but doesn?t elevate linemates.

Mcdavid hasn?t been around long enough

Stamkos perhaps

It?s been almost a joke with Tavares linemates putting up huge numbers with him and bolting for free agency only to fail.

agree to disagree, not sure how you discount Crosby not elevating others. Tavares is the shiny toy that maybe dangling out there and I think that's the draw. He hasn't even carried himself since the end of Oct he's only avg 4.4 goals a month - that's pathetic. Hopefully he signs an outrageous 8 year deal to stay where he is.

agree to disagree, not sure how you discount Crosby not elevating others. Tavares is the shiny toy that maybe dangling out there and I think that's the draw. He hasn't even carried himself since the end of Oct he's only avg 4.4 goals a month - that's pathetic. Hopefully he signs an outrageous 8 years deal to stay where he is.

What kind of stat is that? He has 80 fuckin points since October.

agree to disagree, not sure how you discount Crosby not elevating others. Tavares is the shiny toy that maybe dangling out there and I think that's the draw. He hasn't even carried himself since the end of Oct he's only avg 4.4 goals a month - that's pathetic. Hopefully he signs an outrageous 8 year deal to stay where he is.

Whoa, i think Crosby is the best in the game

And DOES elevate linemates

But Tavares has been taking bottom 6 wingers and making them multi millionaires

Matt Moulson, Kyle Okposo, PA Parenteau..

These guys are making 5-6 million a year (going off memory) after having stats inflated with Tavares.

All the elite centerman do this, and a few of them do more individually...but Tavares has had shit surrounding him for years

Whoa, i think Crosby is the best in the game

And DOES elevate linemates

But Tavares has been taking bottom 6 wingers and making them multi millionaires

Matt Moulson, Kyle Okposo, PA Parenteau..

These guys are making 5-6 million a year (going off memory) after having stats inflated with Tavares.

All the elite centerman do this, and a few of them do more individually...but Tavares has had shit surrounding him for years

:repped:

Archived