• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#74) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers // Phila'n a Loss a Comin'

Phil

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1

I just don't get it, I hardly ever notice the guy. Could be a blind spot because he's third in pts on the year.

most of his points have come on the pp, so when you watch for 60 minutes, he's only effective for a few of them. He's not going to make defensive plays, big hits, or the shift-to-shift little things that stand out... its essentially why he hasnt stayed on the top line the entire season.

most of his points have come on the pp, so when you watch for 60 minutes, he's only effective for a few of them. He's not going to make defensive plays, big hits, or the shift-to-shift little things that stand out... its essentially why he hasnt stayed on the top line the entire season.

Really hope this isn't the best we're seeing of him because I'm pretty disappointed. So many damn things he can improve on

Really hope this isn't the best we're seeing of him because I'm pretty disappointed. So many damn things he can improve on

No, but we also cant set unreal expectations for him, either. I dont want him to focus on his defensive game, necessarily. Unfortunately, he was with Kreider and Zibs for a while... 2 others with no defensive game, and it was detrimental to their overall success, outside the pp.

He can still be effective, still growing and learning the game. I think he will continue to improve his offensive game, and some of the other aspects of play will also improve. We just need to make sure we continue to put him in a position to be effective, now and moving forward.

Archived