• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#73) Rangers vs Columbus Blue Jackets // So, like, #tankszn or Nah?

Phil

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kreider is playing great right now,he is on a hot streak,he is making his linemates look good
This is never the case with Krieder. He goes as his linemates go. We saw this last year, until Zuccarello set the table for him for about 15 games and his goal total exploded.

This is never the case with Krieder. He goes as his linemates go. We saw this last year, until Zuccarello set the table for him for about 15 games and his goal total exploded.
is is not totally true.

Zuc an make plays,but Kreider can have hot streaks with out zuc,a plymaker needs a goal scorer just like a goal scorer needs a playmaker

Whatever your technicality, Kreider is a PPG player since his injury. He's in on every play. He's been quick and noticeable on almost every shift. He's a different player than the one we saw at the beginning at the season.

It doesn't really matter. I'm just trying to give the guy credit for playing well. Which he is.

I think he always plays like this. It's easier to see the effectiveness, now, because his linemates arent playing like morons, standing around watching the puck.

Hank calling the D shit in his post game, good stuff.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Thought he was especially critical of the D. Maybe i'm getting used to Georgiev not complaining. Even on the 4th goal when he just look to his left and wasn't looking at the puck and panerin just scooped it up from his pads, he kinda blamed the D on that, saying he thought the play was dead because they left the front of the net.

He'd better get used to the weak D if he wants to keep playing

Thought he was especially critical of the D. Maybe i'm getting used to Georgiev not complaining. Even on the 4th goal when he just look to his left and wasn't looking at the puck and panerin just scooped it up from his pads, he kinda blamed the D on that, saying he thought the play was dead because they left the front of the net.

He'd better get used to the weak D if he wants to keep playing

When Hank makes a horrific play like that, he had better think twice about reaming his teammates when they screw up. That goal ruined whatever momentum they had. Goals like that are deflating.

I love Kreider, but Pete's right here. It's the same reason the KZB line killed it earlier this year. Zibanejad, specifically, was driving the bus. 20-something points in his first 20-games. The same Zibanejad who has nine points in his last five games.

is is not totally true.

Zuc an make plays,but Kreider can have hot streaks with out zuc,a plymaker needs a goal scorer just like a goal scorer needs a playmaker

Exactly. Even when he isnt scoring he still creates tons of space with his linemates. Its no secret that zib looked lost while he was out.

When has Kreider gone on any kind of scoring stretch not playing with a powerful offensive player on his line?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

"powerful offensive player". As much as i like stepan and zib i wouldnt ever call them powerful offensive players. The truth is when kreider was out the team looked flat out terrible and since he has been back the team at least looks engaged even in losses

I don't think one really has anything to do with the other. Team also got an injection of youth, and talented players like Spooner and Names.

Honestly the few games I've watched post deadline they look the same. Offense it wildly inconsistent, defense is utter trash.

Interesting analysis. That must have taken you all morning to compile.

I'm not going to go into much of an argument with someone claiming a guy ranked 100th among centers in even strength points (right there with David Desharnais) and ranks 335th league wide with his whooping 10 even strength assists, which is just as many as Holden, and 2 ahead of Boo, is "absolutely a first-line center"

Funny how your entire argument relies on conveniently ignoring a critical qualifier in mine. You even went out of you way to not bold it. Don't think that goes unnoticed.

Secondarily, MZ is a 0.69 P/GP player this season. That's the equivalent of 57 points over 82 games. That may be on the low end of the spectrum, but it's absolutely top-line production in today's NHL. Last season that would have seeded him among a group including Koivu (58 in 80), Giroux, Kesler, Toews, Kuznetsov, Monahan (58/82), and Stepan (55 in 81).

His ES scoring last season also ranked him among Giroux (26), Granlund (25), Drouin, and Stastny (27).

Not to mention that in his two years here he has started the season to combined for 16g and 20a for 37p in 43 games prior to his injuries. That's .86 points per game. He finished last year with 13 points in his last 17 games (.77ppg). He had 9 points in the 12 playoff games (.75ppg). With 9 games left, he has 12 points in his last 9 games. He has it in him to be a 70 point player, just needs to stay healthy.

I've never been so optimistic about the Rangers this season as I am right now.

The key pieces are firing on all cylinders. If we can keep this up and add some supporting cast + Shattenkirk (which I'd argue we haven't seen the best of at all) then we should be able to make some significant strides.

Archived