• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tavares is a Fool if he Signs with the Islanders

Sod16

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carlson makes little sense with Shattenkirk here anyhow... they're both the same type of player and you can only have one on the main PP unit.

Wouldn't mind DeHaan though to stabilize the D a bit

Carslon can actually skate and play defense.

http://https://www.spectorshockey.net/2018/03/nhl-rumor-mill-march-16-2018/

LeBrun speculates a sign and trade option for the Isles and Tavares. It makes a lot of sense for the Isles being that they can control where he goes, or more importantly keep him away from the Rangers. Lol

Yea, I don?t want them giving up shit for Tavares. Especially to the islanders.

Why would Tavares agree to that?

It would have to be predetermined to only be a certain group of teams that he would allow for. I think he would do it because I don't think he hates the Isles and would want to see them get something for him.

It would have to be predetermined to only be a certain group of teams that he would allow for. I think he would do it because I don't think he hates the Isles and would want to see them get something for him.

:bravery:

Downside to that is for Tavares his agent has a telephone and internet access to talk to clubs anyway. Why give up the chance of this big payday he has been angling for and gearing himself to for a very long time? And the club making such a deal would be giving up assets to sign him to a big ass contract when in a few weeks they can sign him for just said big ass contract. So under this craziness Tavares would be costing his new club some good players or draft picks.The 8th year doesn't seem nearly as worth it. In short all the benefit is to the Islanders and spare one very distant 8th year, not much to Tavares.

Archived