• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Coaching - Who or What is the Best Coach or Route to Take with this Rebuild?

Respecttheblue

Sheldon Keefe. Hard stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I dont pretend to know anything about any coaches but this is essentially the kind of path I would love to see the Rangers take for once.

A) a hungry young coach who wants to prove himself.

B) someone who is experienced with younger teams/players

C) someone who obviously has the credentials and and experience at lower levels that can translate it to a higher level (i.e.- dont bring messier back to coach the team).

Sheldon Keefe. Hard stop.

I did some reading up on this guy! I like what I see!

I don't know jack shit about him, but I will say this: Everywhere this guy goes, he wins! ...seems like a no bullshit, systematic type coach that can take a team and unify them fairly well....and quickly!

And wins emphatically. While dramatically improving the fortunes of young, talented players. Assuming the Leafs would play ball, the Rangers are in a unique position with him, too, in that he has no shot at dethroning Babcock any time soon and the Blueshirts can almost certainly outspend any other clubs who might be entertaining his services.

Anybody want to guess the odds of them going with a retread vs. up and coming vs. AV stays

I'll go :

Retread - 40%

AV Stays - 35%

Rookie - 25%

Something close to this, with AVs percentage falling if as the team struggles through these last months.

I'm fine with keeping AV (1 of 1), but understand a changing of the guard is necessary. I'd like a fresh name, guy I've 'never' heard of, situation. I don't want to know. Just show me and go with it.

The fact that AV hasn't been let go, and that they keep acquiring D men who dont put up points, yet skate well and supposedly move the puck well, gets me thinking AV still has the keys going forward.

Not so much of an AV thing, as it is an NHL thing.

The 4th forward is more valuable than the stay at home defender.

2. The judgement regarding Vigneault’s fate, and the identity of his successor if management opts to make a change, are obviously management’s most critical twin decisions of the offseason.

Toronto’s rebuilding process accelerated when Mike Babcock took over behind the bench two years ago, just as Boston’s reboot got a charge when the Bruins replaced Claude Julien with Bruce Cassidy during the middle of last season.

If missing on a top-10 first-rounder this June would be deadly, going the wrong way on the coaching decision would set back the program by years.

I would not be surprised if St. Louis is in the mix for an assistant’s job next season regardless of the call on Vigneault.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/27/breaking-down-why-rangers-chose-to-move-mcdonagh-miller/

Not so much of an AV thing, as it is an NHL thing.

The 4th forward is more valuable than the stay at home defender.

If Dylan McIlrath gets drafted in 1992, he has a 10+ year career and beloved by NYR fans. Alas, nobody sees the point to a stay at home tough guy who can barely handle the puck.

I mean, by all means. Interview him, too. I wouldn't consider him much of a retread. Certainly not in the Marc Crawford mold. Literally, the only active head coach I think I'd have serious interest in, should he be made available this summer, is Queneville.

I mean, by all means. Interview him, too. I wouldn't consider him much of a retread. Certainly not in the Marc Crawford mold. Literally, the only active head coach I think I'd have serious interest in, should he be made available this summer, is Queneville.

Can't agree with this any more. Spot on.

Archived