• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jeff Gorton, Glen Sather Pen Message to Fans Ahead of Deadline

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They dont do this for Nash, Grabner, maybe Holden, or Pavelec. Not even for Miller... this is them telling the fans Zuccarello is a goner... he's the only player fans care about that might fit that description.

The first person I thought of was Lundqvist actually.

Dude wants to win a cup, we all know that. He only has 3-4 more seasons left and maybe 1-2 of those at a highly competitive level. If we can get a decent return for him I am all for it. Just dont "Leetch" it up please.

The first person I thought of was Lundqvist actually.

Dude wants to win a cup, we all know that. He only has 3-4 more seasons left and maybe 1-2 of those at a highly competitive level. If we can get a decent return for him I am all for it. Just dont "Leetch" it up please.

Lundqvist said he wants to be part of the process, and even if he wanted to be traded, there really isnt a contending team that could use him.

Why? What's the point of keeping him when everyone else is going to be terrible?

Plus, he'll be a UFA after 19-20.

pffft, these name, Fast, Zibenajad, Skjei. F-that. Trade them all.

Just not Kreider or Lundqvist! :thumbs:

cuz I've been tempted to buy a Jesper Fast jersey and that would be a waste if he's traded. In line with my Blair Betts jersey for underappreciated guys

He's going to change his number again next season. No point in getting your 5th Fast jersey.

Oh god, what? Fast? Who cares? No one is untouchable.

I will say, however, if Hank is traded, I'll be shocked and a little sad. They need change for sure but that would make me sad.

As would I. He is my favorite Ranger, ever. But keeping him for sentimental reasons doesn't help this team or him. Might as well get any random goalie to get beat down the next 2-3 seasons while this team rebuilds.

Trading Zuc is a bad idea considering the last 3 of 4 years he lead this team in scoring. He would be valuable to the young guys.

Need to go: Nash, Smith, Holden, Pavelic and Grabner, Staal, Fast, Desharnais, Carey, Kampfer, need to go.

Next to stay: Zuc, Hank ( mentor to the young backup) Vesey, Shatternkirk, Skjei, Krieder (on short leash), Zibanejad, MIller, Hayes, Buchnevich, Holden ???, DeAngelo (will be better). The rest gets filled in to make the team youth and FA's.

Even of you tank the rest pf the season they will not get Dahlin. He is going to Arizona or Bujffalo. Best they could get is 5,6,7

So Fast a player hardly taking up cap space and can fill in anywhere in the lineup especially during a rebuild has to go? Lol. for what a 6th rounder? But Zucc stay who can be dealt to obtain a 1st rounder and high rated NHL ready prospect? We would have to give up assets to rid of Staals contract so essentially your telling me our rebuild should consist of trading away assets and obtaining late round picks?

Not getting too much for those guys. Other names are being floated because they will return significant assets that may help the team, long-term

Adding to my above post keep Zucc extend him a few years to work with the young guys and give him the official C instead of McD because he will be gone.

The press conference for Gortin sounds like a few years then why even keep Hank as a 39 yr old Goalie going for the cup, NOPE!

Adding to my above post keep Zucc extend him a few years to work with the young guys and give him the official C instead of McD because he will be gone.

The press conference for Gortin sounds like a few years then why even keep Hank as a 39 yr old Goalie going for the cup, NOPE!

Hank signed a full NMC. So... it's up to Hank who sounds like he still wants to be here. If he changes his mind at any point, I'm sure he'll be moved too.

We will get more from 48 year old Henrik playing in net than we would get in a trade.

Trading him at this point will not yield a good return, nothing close to his worth, and would be a "trade just to make a trade". That will only happen when Lundqvist wants it to happen, and he's done enough for the organization where he can make those decisions.

Also, this is still a rebuild on the fly, regardless of how people want to interpret the "dont get mad when we trade Zucc" letter. Nothing turns around a rebuild quicker than solid goaltending. And we got that Russian kid waiting in the wings. At worst, Henrik is a great stop-gap.

Hank signed a full NMC. So... it's up to Hank who sounds like he still wants to be here. If he changes his mind at any point, I'm sure he'll be moved too.

This is was really bugs me or pisses me off about Gortin and Sather. As bas as this team has been playing ( really bad) yet only 3 pts out of the playoffs. So why wave the white flag for the future THAT MAY OR MAY NOT pan out. Last year Nashville was basically the 16th team based on record correct but still made the cup final. Anything can happen and I was taught never to give up and quit which is was these 2 bums are doing. So if they are waving the white flag ( they being Gorting and Sather) we can not be pissed ot AV ( I don't like him or his system)

This is was really bugs me or pisses me off about Gortin and Sather. As bas as this team has been playing ( really bad) yet only 3 pts out of the playoffs. So why wave the white flag for the future THAT MAY OR MAY NOT pan out. Last year Nashville was basically the 16th team based on record correct but still made the cup final. Anything can happen and I was taught never to give up and quit which is was these 2 bums are doing. So if they are waving the white flag ( they being Gorting and Sather) we can not be pissed ot AV ( I don't like him or his system)

I agree with most of this...

but the guys arent playing. Coach, system, goalie, injuries - all irrelevant at this point. These guys are going out of their way to not play hockey on a regular basis.

Youre at a point where you go scorched earth. Not that I agree with it, but a little tinkering isnt going to change.

The letter should be meaningless as far as sending any message league wide other than we are open for business so let's hear what you have to offer. What would turn this into a joke is if they accept any bad deals. They aren't forced into making any deals if the make a bad one or more it's on them and has nothing to do with this letter.

Seedings mean nothing. Just because Nashville made the final doesn?t mean a damn thing about this ranger team. If you watch this team play you know, or at lest should know, that this team isn?t winning four rounds of playoff hockey. That?s why. Not every 16 seed enters the tourney the same. The seeding is irrelevant.

Gullible me, I took this as mgmt acknowledging we are going to be sellers, for the first time in ages, They are getting out front of the shit show they are about to ice for us. And even with that we already have fans calling them quitters.

This note says it was a nice run but it is time to look at the future. UFAs will be traded. They will seek "youth, skill, speed and character".

They may want to trade others like McD or Zuc, but it will depend upon the right return. They may still wait till the offseason or hold either into next season. They may try to trade Staal, but only if they can find a taker. Maybe they are open to Miller or your least favorite Ranger, but it is just as likely that he is back next year. Let's see.

We are open for business and I'm sure mgmt is already having discussions. But this isn't a liquidation sale, where the goal is to just move inventory. Given the potential volume of trades, I highly doubt we are going to be rushing to jettison every player who did not live up to your expectations for 75cents on the dollar..

You guys are amazing. First things first. A few weeks ago it was hard to get the board to dig in and discuss all of this. Today everyone comes out of the woodwork and some of you seem shocked, while others think we are trading 10 players.

The clock is ticking. We need to secure the best returns for our UFAs. We need to get a high-end player or haul for McD, because we can't invest in his next contract, due to age, injuries and our situation. We need to be creative, combine assets if beneficial, involve 3 teams in a deal, if needed, whatever it takes to get younger, faster and more.explosive.

Fatty Brooks was way late to the party, we were talking about trading McD in October. The discussion about Freidman was if he "heard" or just "thought" the Rangers might trade McD. That doesn't really matter. Honestly, the best Ranger info comes from various websites, XM hockey interviews, watching games and using your noggin. We know Brooks goes to various websites and he occasional will catch a game.

Archived