• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jeff Gorton, Glen Sather Pen Message to Fans Ahead of Deadline

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still find it hard to believe they sent a public message to the fans. Part of me thinks they are preparing to try and separate themselves from hank. I just don’t get why they feel they need to prepare the fans unless something huge was coming either now or this summer

I do think you can kiss mcd and zucc gone.

I guess brooks isn’t as stupid as some say he is. He was right on the money weeks ago. Friedman too

Trading Zuc is a bad idea considering the last 3 of 4 years he lead this team in scoring. He would be valuable to the young guys.

Need to go: Nash, Smith, Holden, Pavelic and Grabner, Staal, Fast, Desharnais, Carey, Kampfer, need to go.

Next to stay: Zuc, Hank ( mentor to the young backup) Vesey, Shatternkirk, Skjei, Krieder (on short leash), Zibanejad, MIller, Hayes, Buchnevich, Holden ???, DeAngelo (will be better). The rest gets filled in to make the team youth and FA's.

Even of you tank the rest pf the season they will not get Dahlin. He is going to Arizona or Bujffalo. Best they could get is 5,6,7

Trading Zuc is a bad idea considering the last 3 of 4 years he lead this team in scoring. He would be valuable to the young guys.

Need to go: Nash, Smith, Holden, Pavelic and Grabner, Staal, Fast, Desharnais, Carey, Kampfer, need to go.

Next to stay: Zuc, Hank ( mentor to the young backup) Vesey, Shatternkirk, Skjei, Krieder (on short leash), Zibanejad, MIller, Hayes, Buchnevich, Holden ???, DeAngelo (will be better). The rest gets filled in to make the team youth and FA's.

Which is exactly why you trade him. He's a year away from UFA and has tremendous value.

And fuck to the no on Holden staying.

Which is exactly why you trade him. He's a year away from UFA and has tremendous value.

And fuck to the no on Holden staying.

I don't hate Holden as much as most people but an impending UFA who isn't likely to be in our long-term plans, yeah you get anything you can for him. Someone want to give us a 4th round pick for him? Take it.

Even of you tank the rest pf the season they will not get Dahlin. He is going to Arizona or Bujffalo. Best they could get is 5,6,7

Not getting too much for those guys. Other names are being floated because they will return significant assets that may help the team, long-term

I have misgivings about this letter. It seems to be telegraphing punches and does not enhance bargaining positions. Obviously, this means the sale is going to go well beyond the UFAs, which means McD & Zuch.

It would be a shocker if both of them were still around at the start of next season.

Is this so-called letter authentic? All of a sudden the NYR front office wants to mollify the fans by forewarning them of up and coming deals? Hmmmm......

This was released by NY Rangers, online and through twitter

I'm going to assume you dont read twitter.

It's an extremely fragile bunch.

Gorton did a press conference as well.

I’m always skeptical of management, but I’ll tell you, I think Gorton is doing this the right way. Never seen a letter and presser before the deadline. I’ve got faith. It’s been a good run but I’m excited to see this new era.

I have misgivings about this letter. It seems to be telegraphing punches and does not enhance bargaining positions. Obviously, this means the sale is going to go well beyond the UFAs, which means McD & Zuch.

Idk, I'm sure teams either know the position we are in anyway or would find out when we start calling around the league shopping our best players. I don't think this changes how other teams will approach us in negotiations.

Idk, I'm sure teams either know the position we are in anyway or would find out when we start calling around the league shopping our best players. I don't think this changes how other teams will approach us in negotiations.

26 scouts in the building last night is what Sather said. Teams are circling like sharks. If anything it creates more competition.

I could careless if they lower prices. As a 14 year season ticket holder they have rewarded our loyalty with increase after increase to now dynamic pricing. Well what’s dynamic about this team? Their continued spite for the season ticket holder is going to come back to bite them in the ass now. I had long ago decided to not renew and it had nothing to do with performance. I’ll be expecting the phone calls and emails soon proclaiming their renewed love and appreciation for me. Too late I’ll watch this circus from home

Archived