• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Formally Request Rick Nash's No-Trade List

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that Nash is a class act and that he would not purposely name 12 teams that would never trade for him. I also agree that he started off the playoffs extremely well last year and only tailed off when playing injured. As for what it will take to sign him. I'd say four years at $5m per. Rebuild or not, I would pay him $4m per for three, but he won't sign for that, so I think he's gone, and that's all there is to it. And yes, I hope he has a great playoff and wins the Conn Smythe.

There are still 3 weeks until the trade deadline, so I can't imagine the Rangers rushing into this to quickly as a lot could change until then.

Imagine if mgmt leaked this to light a fire under the team. It is possible because Columbus hasn't played a good game of hockey for longer than the Rangers, Philly is slumping again, Carolina can't even rally for a new owner and the Isles are defenseless w/o dmen and goalies.

No Ranger fan at that time wanted to see the Rangers move Doug Weight. What a surprising and stupid move.

St Louis would be a good fit, but they don't have a first. Is there a kid we should be targeting there instead?

Tage Thompson, Kryou (?), Kostin are top prospects, probably. Barbashev is up with the team now.

No Ranger fan at that time wanted to see the Rangers move Doug Weight. What a surprising and stupid move.

St Louis would be a good fit, but they don't have a first. Is there a kid we should be targeting there instead?

Off the top of my head...Robby Fabbri, Klim Kostin.

They could think that Fabbri is a bit expendable since he's been out all year, and Kostin is a strong prospect. Neither alone is enough of a return for Nash, and both is probably wishful thinking, but I'd be all for something like Nash and a 3rd for both.

How much fun will it be if Nash is taking off the bench tonight because he’s traded mid game

He could just switch benches.

He'd be a really good fit in Dallas lol

Ha yes, was thinking the same thing. Dallas could probably get some secondary scoring with him. I don't know enough about their lineup, but somewhere in their top 9, surely they could put Ricky. Though, idk if I want to root for Dallas for the rest of the season. I want Vegas or Winnepeg to come out of the West, but really VEGAS WITH A CAPITAL GOLDEN KNIGHT.

Ha yes' date=' was thinking the same thing. Dallas could probably get some secondary scoring with him. I don't know enough about their lineup, but somewhere in their top 9, surely they could put Ricky. Though, idk if I want to root for Dallas for the rest of the season. I want Vegas or Winnepeg to come out of the West, but really VEGAS WITH A CAPITAL GOLDEN KNIGHT.[/quote']

He fits in their top 6 easy. Roussel - Faksa - Pitlick was their second line I think in their last game.

Dubinsky? The man needs to focus on his off ice problem. And even if he wasn't a mess, why da hell do we want him?

LOL, I don't. But many who bashed the Nash trade and go on and on about dealing away valuable young talent would love it.

What off ice issues does he have?

The Nash trade worked out pretty good for us. Sure we never won the cup which was the goal but its not like we gave up anything major. Dubi and Anisimov were nice players but they are what they are. Erixon turned out to be a bust and the first rounder didn't turn out to be anything. Plus we got Buchnevich out of the deal.

The Nash trade worked out pretty good for us. Sure we never won the cup which was the goal but its not like we gave up anything major. Dubi and Anisimov were nice players but they are what they are. Erixon turned out to be a bust and the first rounder didn't turn out to be anything. Plus we got Buchnevich out of the deal.

Did we?

I think the deal worked out for both sides. Columbus needed a new direction and so did Rick. He was never the playoff performer we needed but he was decent enough over the years. I think he could be the next Marion Hossa. In that I mean if he's put in a lineup where he's not supposed to be "the guy" he'll be a very very valuable piece. I'd bet that he'd have a great playoff this year playing down the lineup against lesser centers and Dmen.

Did we?

I think the deal worked out for both sides. Columbus needed a new direction and so did Rick. He was never the playoff performer we needed but he was decent enough over the years. I think he could be the next Marion Hossa. In that I mean if he's put in a lineup where he's not supposed to be "the guy" he'll be a very very valuable piece. I'd bet that he'd have a great playoff this year playing down the lineup against lesser centers and Dmen.

Yes, we got a third rounder as part of the deal and we selected Buch with that pick.

gotta love Rick. He says , 'it sucks, wants to be a Ranger". He basically said once he was over the shock of being asked for a list, that of course he thought about which teams have a good chance. I doubt he played many games with his list and I'd be willing to bet the 12 teams are all playoff teams or in close contention.

Archived