• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Formally Request Rick Nash's No-Trade List

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gotta love Rick. He says , 'it sucks, wants to be a Ranger". He basically said once he was over the shock of being asked for a list, that of course he thought about which teams have a good chance. I doubt he played many games with his list and I'd be willing to bet the 12 teams are all playoff teams or in close contention.

Good, if he loves it here so much he should see then benefit of adding us a 1st and/or prospect, then sign a nice $3M hometown discount deal next year.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him back next season. Or at least be approached about it.

Definitely.

I bet the 12 teams he chose are among the 14 listed below:

LA, SJ, Anaheim, St Louis, Dallas, Nash, Minn, Col, Tampa, Boston, Pitt, Wash, NJ, NYI

BTW, any source to the idea that none of the 12 are Canadian?

It's funny, if he wants to definitely be in the playoffs there are 3 teams that are certain. Tampa, Boston and the Leafs. Obviously, due to the lack of competition in that division.

Some of the other choices are risky. For instance, does he really want to join LA and then miss the playoffs anyway? He really should accept a trade to the Leafs, even if the are not among the 12 teams. And get to play with Matthews. Maybe even McD. Imagine watching that line with Nash, plus McD and Zeitsev on the blueline.

We really should pull off a big trade with the Leafs. They are not getting past Boston (or stopping that top line) until they add a top pair Dman and a savy winger for Matthews. They are pussies if they don't go for it now. They are locks for the playoffs and pretty healthy.

A top-eight guess, and likely in this order or very close to it:

SJS, DAL, NSH, TBL, CBJ, STL, LAK, BOS.

I don't think we care about his order of preference, lol.

Ok, say 3 teams offer their first for Nash, how do we decide? How about instead of trying to get someone to fork up a mid round pick, we find the team that is willing to take Staal. Obviously we'll eat 50% of Nash's contract and maybe only have to eat 1.5 to 2.25 of Staal's cap? If it is a team like Tampa, Marc would probably agree to the deal. Get to play for a Cup, with friends, nice weather, no taxes.

Obviously, tie-breaker could also be based on acquirer's chances. If it is Tampa, Boston (or the Preds) and LAK or SJS, we'd be inclined to choose SJS or LAK since either might not even make the playoffs.

If not picking 1 I dong see s need to move up the top 15 of this draft is extremely deep. Quantity in the first round I’m this draft is going to be the way to go. Dahlin is another story but nobody is trading that pick. I’m not even sure who’d be my preference after that.

Top 10 is solid. Top 5 has some real talent. if they can get into the top five they'd be in good shape no matter who they pick.

^^^ It's long overdue. Too bad he has a NTC, one of the abominations of the NHL. What I don't love is that he never played up to his pre conceived rep.

Really?

2012-2013 21 G, 21 A , 42 Points in 44 Games

2014-2015 42 G, 27 A , 69 Points in 79 Games (42 Goals is the most he scored in a season, 2nd most points he scored in a season in his career)

You can say that he wasnt a playoff performer and the last couple of years he hasnt produced offensively like he has in the past would be fair, but he's been injured a lot, and quite honestly I think AV changed his game to be more of a 2 way player rather than just an offensive force. How many times has he been snake bitten this year?

Maybe if the Rangers had a sufficient PP since Jagr-Nylander-Straka he could have produced some more too.

Cant take away from him that he's tried especially this season, the dude has mostly been the one player busting his ass game in and game out this year. I would gladly take him back next season for something like $4-$4.5 million.

Really?

2012-2013 21 G, 21 A , 42 Points in 44 Games

2014-2015 42 G, 27 A , 69 Points in 79 Games (42 Goals is the most he scored in a season, 2nd most points he scored in a season in his career)

You can say that he wasnt a playoff performer and the last couple of years he hasnt produced offensively like he has in the past would be fair, but he's been injured a lot, and quite honestly I think AV changed his game to be more of a 2 way player rather than just an offensive force. How many times has he been snake bitten this year?

Maybe if the Rangers had a sufficient PP since Jagr-Nylander-Straka he could have produced some more too.

Cant take away from him that he's tried especially this season, the dude has mostly been the one player busting his ass game in and game out this year. I would gladly take him back next season for something like $4-$4.5 million.

I happen to agree with this evaluation a lot;

The guy's been a pretty solid 2 way player and his game has evolved quite a bit from his days back in Columbus. Also, he's going to net us a really good return for his service in the coming weeks. Thanks Ricky, and Grabby as well, while we're at it! They were both very good Rangers. I'm really hoping the guys both get a chance to win the Stanley Cup. Both are deserving.

He has played in NY for 6 years or so and scored 142 goals; 23.66 average per year. Not worthy of the exultation that he has gotten, imo.

Ok man we get you and how important it is to you to demean the guy incessantly, more than any other Ranger. It is not like you haven't used other threads to belittle Nash constantly. Now you need to muck up an obvious trade thread to make the same stupid and simple points about a classy player.

We all hate what we are watching, so give us a space where we can discuss a better future. BTW, Nash was our best skater again, last night. The guy had to give his list yesterday and still played harder/better than most of our forwards. How about you let us talk about the list, possible trades and all the other forward looking things that give us hope?

He has played in NY for 6 years or so and scored 142 goals; 23.66 average per year. Not worthy of the exultation that he has gotten, imo.

This is pretty silly math, because it doesn't account for games missed for injuries...I don't even know what games this counts.

He has 142 goals in 368 games with the Rangers. That's a 31.6 pace per year.

Ok man we get you and how important it is to you to demean the guy incessantly, more than any other Ranger. It is not like you haven't used other threads to belittle Nash constantly. Now you need to muck up an obvious trade thread to make the same stupid and simple points about a classy player.

We all hate what we are watching, so give us a space where we can discuss a better future. BTW, Nash was our best skater again, last night. The guy had to give his list yesterday and still played harder/better than most of our forwards. How about you let us talk about the list, possible trades and all the other forward looking things that give us hope?

Alright. Alright. I should post what you think I should? Not. Best skater? Great. Best scorer? Not.

Thank you. I really felt for the guy listening to the interview with him. A really first class professional. When everyone was all over him in the playoffs in 2014 did he do a Dan Boyle and lash out? No? His overall production has been pretty good with Rangers and he's had more issues with injuries than he did earlier in his career. Even if we trade for loads of future assets, most are not going to be ready for the roster next year, so I'd be glad to take Nash back if he's ready to take a reasonable deal

I felt bad for Nash, when he was talking about how his son even sings the Goal song. "I know it's a business"; Man...that just tears at ya when they say it like that. The guy really loved it here. Hey listen, the guy gave it pretty much everything he had in him here. I have no problem with a guy that comes to play at 100% every night, and Nash did that pretty much for his entire tenure here.

I wish him, and Grabby the best going forward. I hope to dear sweet Jesus Nash scores a ton in the playoffs just to show that it wasn't him, and it was the puke style of play the Rangers exhibit nightly.

Archived