• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#50) Rangers @ San Jose Sharks // We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

Ozzy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see Holden in that first shift? McD uses his legs, takes charge and gains the zone in a flash. Drops the puck to where Holden should be and...

fuckin Holden is socializing. Still thinking about that Instagram chick he was chatting with. I mean, no jump, no urgency, not where he is supposed to be, not moving his feet, WAKE THE FUCK UP NICK! No patience for that shit after this losing streak. I'm afraid this is why Holden has never been a winner. He knows how to lose.

Did you see Holden in that first shift? McD uses his legs, takes charge and gains the zone in a flash. Drops the puck to where Holden should be and...

fuckin Holden is socializing. Still thinking about that Instagram chick he was chatting with. I mean, no jump, no urgency, not where he is supposed to be, not moving his feet, WAKE THE FUCK UP NICK! No patience for that shit after this losing streak. I'm afraid this is why Holden has never been a winner. He knows how to lose.

Holden sucks. The fact he’s still on the first pair after last season is crazy. He should have been shipped to Vegas

Holden sucks. The fact he’s still on the first pair after last season is crazy. He should have been shipped to Vegas

It's not like the guy has no talents. He skates fine, has decent size, occasionally will throw a check, is composed and has a good attitude. So why should he be shipped out?

Well his defensive aptitude seems lacking. He is not quite skilled enough. He doesn't get aggresive and compete to win every battle, he's too comnplacent. He does not expect to win battles, does not think he can outplay skilled guys. He struggles to move the puck on his backhand. He does not receive the pass well in the Ozone on his off side. He did not grow tough with this group of Rangers and I don't think he's learned how to expect to win.

I may be wrong, maybe I'm being too harsh. But did you ever play with one of those guys who seemed happy to just be participating and being one of the guys? Someone who isn't thinking about how he is going to do whatever it takes next shift, grab that first opportunity and POUNCE. It is why we rarely see Holden throw a check even though he has the ability to effectively take attackers out of the play.

It's not like the guy has no talents. He skates fine, has decent size, occasionally will throw a check, is composed and has a good attitude. So why should he be shipped out?

Well his defensive aptitude seems lacking. He is not quite skilled enough. He doesn't get aggresive and compete to win every battle, he's too comnplacent. He does not expect to win battles, does not think he can outplay skilled guys. He struggles to move the puck on his backhand. He does not receive the pass well in the Ozone on his off side. He did not grow tough with this group of Rangers and I don't think he's learned how to expect to win.

I may be wrong, maybe I'm being too harsh. But did you ever play with one of those guys who seemed happy to just be participating and being one of the guys? Someone who isn't thinking about how he is going to do whatever it takes next shift, grab that first opportunity and POUNCE. It is why we rarely see Holden throw a check even though he has the ability to effectively take attackers out of the play.

The day Holden leaves he’ll get his own post in the “they played here?” thread. He was supposed to be a 6th or 7th when he was picked up, not a 2nd.

Archived