• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#50) Rangers @ San Jose Sharks // We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

Ozzy

The day Holden leaves he’ll get his own post in the “they played here?” thread. He was supposed to be a 6th or 7th when he was picked up, not a 2nd.

True, that's probably why my criticism is too harsh. This team is lacking talent in key spots. Effort is not a big problem. However, there is that intangible competitive/winning approach to sports. A toughened determined mindset that (after watching closely over time) we see in some players, and not in others.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankfully, Hayes has talent. We need to keep him. Miller showed why he was a 1st round pick in that 1st period. AV needs to coach him better from this point forward. Use him as a speedy, hard forechecking playmaking winger.

Let's see some urgency in the 2nd.

You guys name the good team and I will show you consistent dominance in the 2nd period. The teams winning the 2nd period are winning. The teams winning the 2nd and the best teams in the league.

More on Miller.

He is a good skating power forward with good stick skills. Use him as such. He is not a slow it down playmaking C, end that experiment for good. i don't care if he can win faceoffs on his strong side, he's a fast skilled power forward. Got it AV?!

Let him play an aggressive game, like Kreids does.

I don't know whose fault it is (players, AV, Ruff, ...) but the Rangers just seem too passive in the defensive zone. When an opposing player has the puck in our zone we sit back in this box and don't pressure the player and as a result we yield them so much time & space which allows them to control large portions of the game. I also think that ruins our breakouts too. In contrast, when one of the Rangers gets the puck in the offensive zone there's an opposing player all over them right away so they don't have time to do anything. I'd like to see more pressure on opposing players in our zone.

I don't know whose fault it is (players, AV, Ruff, ...) but the Rangers just seem too passive in the defensive zone. When an opposing player has the puck in our zone we sit back in this box and don't pressure the player and as a result we yield them so much time & space which allows them to control large portions of the game. I also think that ruins our breakouts too. In contrast, when one of the Rangers gets the puck in the offensive zone there's an opposing player all over them right away so they don't have time to do anything. I'd like to see more pressure on opposing players in our zone.

Yep. So much damn Time and Space. This was prevalent the last 2 or so games. Ruff sucks.

Yeah, I noticed he had ‘jump’ in his legs early on. Question: Where has that been?

AV put a limiter on him. Now we are desperate and he is going to take matters into his own hands. As a good captain should.

Also a back injury limited him for a few weeks.

Archived