• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson to Captain Team Sweden at the WJC

Ranger Lothbrok

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max Pac and other Canadians were impressed with the kid enough to say they respect him more, after this.

On the flipside, Phil, let's go easy on the expectations. It still seems like you, Dunny and other respectable hockey minds are pushing the development of our 18 y/o C's towards an extremely accelerated pace. I mean, even higher rated prospects such as Marner, Ehlers, Nylander, etc, had at least 1 full year in the A and most first rounders need more than that. Mgmt should not be expecting big contributions from the two, even next year. Like a good cook, when they are ready, they are ready. Don't take them out of the oven raw or overdone (the way AV needs em).

Max Pac and other Canadians were impressed with the kid enough to say they respect him more, after this.

On the flipside, Phil, let's go easy on the expectations. It still seems like you, Dunny and other respectable hockey minds are pushing the development of our 18 y/o C's towards an extremely accelerated pace. I mean, even higher rated prospects such as Marner, Ehlers, Nylander, etc, had at least 1 full year in the A and most first rounders need more than that. Mgmt should not be expecting big contributions from the two, even next year. Like a good cook, when they are ready, they are ready. Don't take them out of the oven raw or overdone (the way AV needs em).

Terrible examples. Marner and Ehlers never played a single AHL game. They both played one year of juniors following their draft and then straight to the NHL...

Terrible examples. Marner and Ehlers never played a single AHL game. They both played one year of juniors following their draft and then straight to the NHL...

Alright alright, my mistake on a detail, I forgot it was juniors, but the point remains the same. Even they got a full year of post draft development before joining the big club.

Phil, it is a young man's game for sure and the kids are coming to the draft better trained. However, as for physical maturity nothing has changed and mentally the kids (in general) are certainly more immature then previous generations. Be that as it may there is a good standard to go by. When the prospect experiences diminishing returns from being in the lower levels it is then time to move them up. If they still would solidly benefit from being in a dev league, then 99% of the time they should stay there until their progress has reached a level where moving up becomes better for their development.

It may be a young man's game, but it is still a man's game.

Dunny, you been so excited following the Pack that I was worried you were getting ahead of yourself regarding the Chytil. Now I realize you selfishly wanted him playing among the long shadows in your favorite roadtrip town of Fort, McMurray, Alberta.

Indeed. A young man's game. Young. Man. Both. If a 19/20-year old Andersson or 18/19-year old Chytil can continue their development at a pace that makes the Rangers take note next camp, I have no issue giving either of them a roster spot in the NHL based on the perception of immaturity.

Indeed. A young man's game. Young. Man. Both. If a 19/20-year old Andersson or 18/19-year old Chytil can continue their development at a pace that makes the Rangers take note next camp, I have no zero issue giving either of them a roster spot in the NHL based on the perception of immaturity.

Agreed. We just don't want another Anthony Duclair level of immaturity.

I just re-read what I wrote and realized it makes no fucking sense. What I mean is that they're already developing as we talk. Chytil, especially, in a league with the best track record of priming NHL players for the show. I wouldn't to let the assumption of immaturity based solely on age prevent either of them from making next year's roster.

I also doubt they'll be facing another Duclair situation either. Neither of these guys had a black mark on their records like Duclair.

Hopefully that makes more sense than that gargled nonsense that Mike read between the lines of.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived