• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lias Andersson to Captain Team Sweden at the WJC

Ranger Lothbrok

I just re-read what I wrote and realized it makes no fucking sense. What I mean is that they're already developing as we talk. Chytil, especially, in a league with the best track record of priming NHL players for the show. I wouldn't to let the assumption of immaturity based solely on age prevent either of them from making next year's roster.

I also doubt they'll be facing another Duclair situation either. Neither of these guys had a black mark on their records like Duclair.

Hopefully that makes more sense than that gargled nonsense that Mike read between the lines of.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I read your first post about 5 times before scrolling down and seeing this explanation. However, I wouldn?t to let what? I think I?m even more confused.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God damned typo. I wouldn't let the assumption of immaturity based on age stop either of them from earning a spot in camp next season.

In other words, teenagers or not, if they can play, they can play.

I'm not even fucking drunk. :rofl:

[/url]

Ha, gotcha. If they are ready, they are ready. Can't disagree, sorta what I was trying to say.

I have no assumption about Lias and Chytil's maturity, if anything I'd bet on their character. Obviously they are not done growing physically or even mentally or in their knowledge of thriving in the NHL. No need to speculate though, the team will get to gauge that throughout camp and preseason.

My main point puts all that aside and considers this:

It is not as important how much talent or skill the kids show, as it is how well they are able to play their projected role in the NHL, on this particular team. That includes a certain level of consistency without too many mistakes or liabilities, which kill you in this league. He'll the kids are already more talented than a number of current Rangers, anyway.

In other words, is the guy ready for the pros or will he clearly benefit from additional learning and development in an environment built to do just that.

So, assume Lias is initially projected to start as a 200' 3rd line C. Let's say he is expected to be our fast defensive C to complement Hayes who is more deliberate and puck possession oriended. He is expected to be fundamentally sound in all aspects and feed his quick wingers in good spots. However, Lias has admitted that he needs to work more on his skating. It is not where it needs it to be, for what he needs to do, at the next level. Mgmt may also see a huge benefit in him working on his defense within the structure that the team plays. The Pack is now set up for this and this coaching staff does not do "on-the-job training" anyway.

Given that and his injury, he is pretty far from being near 'ready' this year. It is also reasonable to assume that camp and preseason will not be quite enough to push him into that full time role as our #3C, this October. Thus, mgmt should not go into the off season assuming he will be a key contributor next season.

Archived