• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-18: Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

Eh..

See this is one of those left to interpretation moments for me. I watched the video multiple times and there's no disputing the hit was clean. What gets me is that even though Girard went to grab Rinaldo, his stick AND gloves are still on his hands. Rinaldo's the one who immediately threw his glove off and threw a punch. I understand that in real time these things go much faster but still. Girard didn't even look to be in position to throw a punch..

Whose fault is that? You get grabbed from behind after hitting a team's best player, are you going to assess that situation? Girard is at fault. Wanna be a tough guy and defend your teammate? No problem, I'm allll for it. Drop em and jump him. There's no half assing it pretending to stick up for your guy. Do it, or skate away.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whose fault is that? You get grabbed from behind after hitting a team's best player, are you going to assess that situation? Girard is at fault. Wanna be a tough guy and defend your teammate? No problem, I'm allll for it. Drop em and jump him. There's no half assing it pretending to stick up for your guy. Do it, or skate away.

Fine. I?ll give you that but without throwing down his gloves at most it would have been roughing. I understand intent and just reacting on instinct. Just saying in the video it doesn?t look good for Rinaldo. The in person hearing confirms that too.

Good

Now you know what the entire hockey world knows.

Lets get back to talking about the Rangers, the NY Metro areas only NHL franchise

LGR!

Hi, welcome to the out of town section of the forum.

Fine. I’ll give you that but without throwing down his gloves at most it would have been roughing. I understand intent and just reacting on instinct. Just saying in the video it doesn’t look good for Rinaldo. The in person hearing confirms that too.

Hi, welcome to the out of town section of the forum.

The league has no choice, but trying to explain that to a bunch of angry cry babies would be impossible. Then throw in the fact that it's Rinaldo. I think he's a bag of dicks too, but looking past those involved shows me that Girard is at fault. Lets switch players there, Rinaldo goes after Girard, Girard turns and knocks him silly. Same uproar?

Archived