• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-18: Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember playing on blue ice as kid in Wasaga Beach, big sports complex, I believe they had a sand based floor, and somebody told me it was because of that. It's neat.

All rinks have sand beneath them. You can paint it whatever color you want. It’s a powder that gets mixed with water. I’m quite certain you’ve played on dog shit rinks before where you can see discolored spots on the ice. That’s the paint fading and the spots you see is the sand underneath the ice.

So, I'm in Arthur, Ontario at a Novice tournament. Getting a coffee, look outside, they're dismantling out door rink adjacent to arena. Why, that looks like a sand base. Run outside, bewildered volounteers think I'm about to attack, I ask,

"What is the base of this thing?"

"Sand"

Hahahahhahaha

So, I'm in Arthur, Ontario at a Novice tournament. Getting a coffee, look outside, they're dismantling out door rink adjacent to arena. Why, that looks like a sand base. Run outside, bewildered volounteers think I'm about to attack, I ask,

"What is the base of this thing?"

"Sand"

Hahahahhahaha

Fuckin A, you didn’t believe me ?

It's sand Mikey, sand, no concrete.

Frost holds the water in.

Holy Jesus, what’s under the sand? Are all rinks on a beach ? I said in my first post that sand is under every ice sheet. Stop drinking.

All rinks have sand beneath them. You can paint it whatever color you want. It’s a powder that gets mixed with water. I’m quite certain you’ve played on dog shit rinks before where you can see discolored spots on the ice. That’s the paint fading and the spots you see is the sand underneath the ice.

That explains a lot. There’s always concrete under the sand. How the fuck would the water hold? Lol

It's sand Mikey, sand, no concrete.

Frost holds the water in.

Holy Jesus, what’s under the sand? Are all rinks on a beach ? I said in my first post that sand is under every ice sheet. Stop drinking.

Yeah or no ?

I went to the Senators @ Golden Knights game on Friday, wow what an atmosphere. Fans were great, really into it, of course there were lots of Senators fans since Vegas is a destination city for opposing fans. IMO the Vegas fans are spoiled b/c of their great start, so they have a little chip on their shoulder. The opening video before the players came onto the ice was ok, then it began to get cheesy Vegas style by having a Knight "fight" a Senator on the ice to retrieve the Golden Knight sword. The Knights have a drumline that was ok for parts of the game, but then they are banging the drums to Go Knights Go every 2 minutes and by the end of the game I had the damn drum sounds pounding in my head for the rest of the night. Very convenient to get to the arena from the strip, its right behind NY/NY. Arena had great sightlines from the top of the arena behind the net. One of the best arena's i've been too. Entertaining game also, Knights score :52 seconds in, Senators didn't give up, back and forth all game, Senators won 5-4.

By the way I missed all 3 Canadian west coast games for the Rangers and noticed the Rangers don't know how to embrace the tank.

Archived