• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Shows Should I Watch?

Yup. Another great show, though for my money, went on for two seasons too long.

If you just want a laundry list of great television, here's my rundown ? some of which are still airing, some of which have finished:

Game of Thrones

Vikings

Homeland

Breaking Bad

True Detective

House of Cards

Fringe

Ray Donovan

Sons of Anarchy

Southland

The Newsroom

The Walking Dead

Masters of Sex

I'd add:

The Wire

Oz

The Sopranos

Friday Night Lights

Arrested Development

Lost

Mad Men

Boardwalk Empire

Six Feet Under

Shorter Runs/New Shows:

Generation Kill

Band of Brothers

Rome

Better Off Ted

Silicon Valley

Togetherness

You know, Togetherness has really caught me too. I thought about opening a thread on it but didn't think there'd be many people watching.

Something so real about it, but you almost have to be in a long term relationship to really get into it, I would imagine. It doesn't really hit the right notes if you can't empathize at the highest level. Just some stomach churning awkwardness to it that's really amazingly done.

Something so real about it, but you almost have to be in a long term relationship to really get into it, I would imagine. It doesn't really hit the right notes if you can't empathize at the highest level.

Yeah, I agree.

It's such a powerful story though. Might be worth it even if just you and I are talking about it. :rofl:

I'd add:

The Wire

Oz

The Sopranos

Friday Night Lights

Arrested Development

Lost

Mad Men

Boardwalk Empire

Six Feet Under

Shorter Runs/New Shows:

Generation Kill

Band of Brothers

Rome

Better Off Ted

Silicon Valley

Togetherness

Friday Night Lights?

Friday Night Lights?

Yeah, it was an excellent series. It was centered around High School football in Texas, but it was a pretty gripping drama that explored cultural, class and social issues in a very realistic way.

Yeah, it was an excellent series. It was centered around High School football in Texas, but it was a pretty gripping drama that explored cultural, class and social issues in a very realistic way.

it was a lot cornier than you make it sound I think.

But I enjoyed it, overall.

I saw the movie but not the show. Gonna check it out.

I saw the movie but not the show. Gonna check it out.

Other than the general premise, they're completely unrelated. Movie was sort of entertaining, but the show is a different level. Definitely worth checking out. I know people are usually fairly polarized on it. They either love it or find it boring.

Fuck yea Archer...but I assumed this thread was more about shows with running plots lol

Also, Red vs. Blue is a classic ;)

Archer is too good to leave off the list.

And the first 5 seasons of RVB are classic. Past that...they're ok, but not great.

If you are looking to watch something that is a bit longer in episode length, but shorter seasons, check out some of what BBC has to offer. Many of their shows are on Netflix. My two faves are:

Luther ? A show about a troubled detective in London's police. John Luther is played by Idris Elba(Stringer Bell in the Wire, Pacific Rim, new Bond). It is an incredible show and does a lot with the amount of time it has. Each episode is about an hour and a half, and there are three per "series", three series total.

Sherlock ? Modern day Sherlock Holmes played by Benedict Cumberbatch with John Watson played by Martin Freeman. I think it's the best take on Sherlock Holmes out there, blows Elementary and the Robert Downey Jr. movies out of the water. The stories are in depth and really make you think throughout.

I'm looking to get into several of their other shows as well. They are great if you don't want to get into a 7 season-long series.

Archived