• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BREAKING NEWS: Mike Francessa is a Jerk

Pete

Just a term used to talk about the upcoming weekend.

Right, so why is he talking about the Knicks if it's Football Friday? If you can talk about the Knicks on Football Friday, why can't you talk about the Rangers? Or talk about them on Mojo Monday. Oh wait, because you have to talk about Sunday's results, and Monday night football. Then Tuesday you have to talk about MNF results.

Maybe Wednesday. We can call it Talking Hockey on Whoop Dee Doo Wednesday.

Right, so why is he talking about the Knicks if it's Football Friday? If you can talk about the Knicks on Football Friday, why can't you talk about the Rangers? Or talk about them on Mojo Monday. Oh wait, because you have to talk about Sunday's results, and Monday night football. Then Tuesday you have to talk about MNF results.

Wednesday? you mean Thursday night football preview day?

There's a football game on Thursday too, brah.

I honestly don't really care what Francessa has to say about hockey. He knows jackshit anyway, so I'd rather he say nothing. As much of a douche he is about it, he's doing us all a favor.

Also, I don't need people calling in and saying, "Hey..uhhh... Mike, why is Vigno benching MDZ? Does he got something against Eye-talians?"

I get my 2 hours of hockey talk in daily with MvsW and HC@12. That's good enough for me.

It's so weird how WFAN works from my perspective, because their sister station down here is 100% caller driven. Hosts obviously have topics and agendas, but if the fan base that night wants to talk basketball or hockey and they're talking football, that's where it goes. Those words would never happen.

Not that hockey would be the main focus on a Friday, but it gets talked about, pretty much everything is part of the conversation and open for discussion. It's why I never understood the appeal of WFAN.

I listen to Francesa if he is talking baseball, only because FM radio stations in NY suck pretty bad. For the life of me I dont undrstand how people wait hours to talk talk to him just to say one sentence and be hung up on.

Yeah I don't get that either. There's no dialogue at all, even if the person has a legitimate point to make.

Yeah I don't get that either. There's no dialogue at all, even if the person has a legitimate point to make.

The only reason anyone is ever allowed to stay on past his original comment, is for Francesca to tell them what a stupid comment they just made.

Archived