• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sergio Garcia Makes Racial Comment Towards Tiger

Mike

You know the Rangers are down 3-0 if this didn't find it's way onto the forum today.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9299934/sergio-garcia-makes-fried-chicken-remark-tiger-woods

Garcia, who later issued an apology, took issue with Woods for what he viewed as a breach of golf course etiquette during the third round of The Players Championship two weeks ago, was asked in jest at a European Tour function if he would be inviting Woods to dinner during next month's U.S. Open.

"We'll have him 'round every night,'' Garcia said, according to multiple media reports. "We will serve fried chicken.''

How fuckin dumb can you be? Who thinks this is worse than Tiger's love affairs? Should Sergio lose his sponsorships?

There's a lot of taylormade themed jokes being made on my golfing forum about that shit too. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep him, but some of his other non-equipment sponsors drop him. Sergio has a lot of love on the European tour, but this will definitely be a blow for him. Guy really need to grow up and just accept things. This is why he was awful for two straight years, couldn't get over a failed relationship.

Stupid thing to say for sure. But in the end, is it really racist? He's Spanish right? What if it were the other way around and Tiger were to say, "we'll have him around every night. We'll serve paella"

I like meatballs. Spanish people like paella. Black people like fried chicken. Who gives a shit?

Stupid thing to say for sure. But in the end, is it really racist? He's Spanish right? What if it were the other way around and Tiger were to say, "we'll have him around every night. We'll serve paella"

I like meatballs. Spanish people like paella. Black people like fried chicken. Who gives a shit?

It would be racist. The whole world knows they hate each other. This wasn't a playful comment.

You know the Rangers are down 3-0 if this didn't find it's way onto the forum today.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9299934/sergio-garcia-makes-fried-chicken-remark-tiger-woods

How fuckin dumb can you be? Who thinks this is worse than Tiger's love affairs? Should Sergio lose his sponsorships?

Worse than his affairs? That broke up a family and put his kids through that shit? Really?

It would be racist. The whole world knows they hate each other. This wasn't a playful comment.

This is key. Garcia and Woods have been going at it in very unfriendly ways for a while now and he knew all to well what he was saying.

What a dummy, really.

I've been on this guys side since day 1 to finally get that one major win. Screw that. And not that I really care or that that I thought it was all that bade because at the end of the day its just a foolish comment.

But to be so dumb and so out of touch.

Best part of this all, Tiger did NOT eccept his apology!! lol Love it!

Since I follow golf about as much as I care about it (zero), I had no clue who Sergio Garcia was, and I legit thought this was about a guy making racial slurs at a cat.

I was like "the fuck? how can you be racist against a tiger?"

Ok, now that you know the story, what's your take on it?

European Tour CEO does Sergio no favors

"We know the connotation in the United States. We accept all races on the European Tour, we take it very strongly. Most of Sergio's friends are coloured athletes in the United States and he is absolutely abject in his apology and we accepted it."

Since I follow golf about as much as I care about it (zero), I had no clue who Sergio Garcia was, and I legit thought this was about a guy making racial slurs at a cat.

I was like "the fuck? how can you be racist against a tiger?"

Wealthiest athlete in the world who is dominant at his craft and sleeps with only gorgeous white women, by the boat load. It's like a racists worst nightmare come to life bro, lol.

Archived