• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

• Phil changed the title to The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Going to the game against the Bridgeport Islanders tomorrow night.    Looks like Othmann will be one of the only players worth watching.  

Have a good time. There should still be some guys to look out for:

Berard plays opposite Othmann and has been a near P/GP since the new year. 15 points in his last 16 games. He has plenty of speed and likes to shoot.

Sykora isn't much of a producer, but he's always engaged and if his line with Blid and Henriksson remains intact, it should be the most consistent line you see.

Scanlin is the only one worth paying attention to on defense. The Rangers just re-signed him and he could be in the running for a spot on the team next year given his waiver status.

• Cheers 1

Sat 2 rows behind Pack bench.  Got to see Othmann sit for the first 8 and a half minutes of the game.  After that he played on the first line and top power play unit at the right point.   He continually snuck in to the circle and they set him up for one timers.  In the second period they had back to back power plays and he missed the net on at least 5 shots.  He had 1 big hit and 2 penalties.  Can’t say anyone stood out except for Garand who had a strong game.  Sykora was invisible.  If he didn’t sit in front of me a few times I wouldn’t have known he was playing.  Wolf Pack won 2-1 in overtime.  Berard scored the game winner otherwise he was invisible too.  Robertson is trash but plays a lot.  

9 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Sat 2 rows behind Pack bench.  Got to see Othmann sit for the first 8 and a half minutes of the game.  After that he played on the first line and top power play unit at the right point.   He continually snuck in to the circle and they set him up for one timers.  In the second period they had back to back power plays and he missed the net on at least 5 shots.  He had 1 big hit and 2 penalties.  Can’t say anyone stood out except for Garand who had a strong game.  Sykora was invisible.  If he didn’t sit in front of me a few times I wouldn’t have known he was playing.  Wolf Pack won 2-1 in overtime.  Berard scored the game winner otherwise he was invisible too.  Robertson is trash but plays a lot.  

Why did he sit for the first eight and a half minutes?

Probably a good idea to let him keep marinating. He's not ready for an extended stint in the NHL. 

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Probably a good idea to let him keep marinating. He's not ready for an extended stint in the NHL. 

Wolf Pack took two early penalties and he doesn’t kill penalties but not sure why he didn’t play in the 5 on 5.  Everyone else saw the ice before he did.  Maybe he was being punished for something?  I can only speculate.  

On 2/18/2024 at 8:22 PM, Pete said:

Sounds like he is to me.  He said he missed the net on 5 shots!

• LMFAO 1

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

Sounds like he is to me.  He said he missed the net on 5 shots!

That was just on the two power plays in a row.  They had other power plays that he missed that net on.   He does throw big hits, but doesn't hit all that much and has no problem taking a shot.  Maybe next season he'll be ready, but doesn't look it just yet.

Cuylle looked more ready when I saw him play last year at Hartford.

Edited by RJWantsTheCup

17 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

That was just on the two power plays in a row.  They had other power plays that he missed that net on.   He does throw big hits, but doesn't hit all that much and has no problem taking a shot.  Maybe next season he'll be ready, but doesn't look it just yet.

Cuylle looked more ready when I saw him play last year at Hartford.

You've always been a good scout, RJ.  I'll gladly roll with your observations, my man!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You've always been a good scout, RJ.  I'll gladly roll with your observations, my man!

I like to go at least once a season to see the Wolf Pack play.   2 tickets center ice 2 rows behind benches only cost $110.  Less than what I would pay for just 1 ticket at MSG to sit all the way up.  I could've reached out and touched the players if the glass wasn't in the way.