• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Felix Baumgartner Successfully Jumps From Edge Of Space

Jules

Whatever the case may be, I feel there are greater needs out there that could use this money. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to feel that way, or express it here. Sorry.

Oh you always can post your opinion, of course, but people might want to discuss is further than "It's just my opinion". Which is also okay, what else would we do on the Internet? :D

I don't think it was an attack on you.

@Morph

lol good one

Who's we? IT depends on the person, and depends on what they think, in their own mind, is important in the grand scheme of things. If someone thinks that spending this amount of money to do something "cool" and collect some data for some possible tech advancements in the future, then yea, I guess this is what you want.

But, what I said was "I think this is awesome, but it makes me sad when so much money is pushed into such useless endeavors." Notice I said useless, not fruitless. I'm sure there was information gained out of it, but what that information is going to be used for is down the list of my priorities.

These are all my feelings on the subject. I'm not asking that anyone agree with me, and I'm not telling anyone else that they shouldn't think this is important.

Who's we? IT depends on the person, and depends on what they think, in their own mind, is important in the grand scheme of things. If someone thinks that spending this amount of money to do something "cool" and collect some data for some possible tech advancements in the future, then yea, I guess this is what you want.

But, what I said was "I think this is awesome, but it makes me sad when so much money is pushed into such useless endeavors." Notice I said useless, not fruitless. I'm sure there was information gained out of it, but what that information is going to be used for is down the list of my priorities.

These are all my feelings on the subject. I'm not asking that anyone agree with me, and I'm not telling anyone else that they shouldn't think this is important.

When I say we, I mean the nation. If the nation believes that it is no longer in our best interest to have a NASA budget, why can't we still encourage private endeavors. Thats what I mean. You don't have to support it, I don't have to support it, but as a private program, its no longer something we have a stake in.

When I say we, I mean the nation. If the nation believes that it is no longer in our best interest to have a NASA budget, why can't we still encourage private endeavors. Thats what I mean. You don't have to support it, I don't have to support it, but as a private program, its no longer something we have a stake in.

Right, gotcha. I see what you're saying. In principle, I do agree that when government funding is cut for anything worthwhile and the private sector picks up the slack, that's a good thing.

Right, gotcha. I see what you're saying. In principle, I do agree that when government funding is cut for anything worthwhile and the private sector picks up the slack, that's a good thing.

+ you never know what might come from those things. Some of the greatest inventions were made while trying to do something completely different.

Archived