• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

• 2 weeks later...

Almost thought Chelsea was going to lose that one, too.

It's Newcastle. Losing club with a piss poor losing culture. Everything you ever needed to know about how pathetic of a club they are is how they were taking short corners in extra time of a draw and walked away from that game happy.

It's Newcastle. Losing club with a piss poor losing culture. Everything you ever needed to know about how pathetic of a club they are is how they were taking short corners in extra time of a draw and walked away from that game happy.

Newcastle had a great season the year I started following the Prem, but have consistently got worse and worse. I didn't expect them to win, but with Chelsea's recent play and disappointments I expected that streak to continue.

Arsenal started the game playing like arse until they got a kick in the butt with that Walcott goal. From then, it looked like a new team. Sanchez with the hat trick, very nice to watch.

we scored as many that game as we had all season. 2 of those 5 goals were own goals. hopefully this wakes up the attack because it has been sloppy this year so far

Newcastle had a great season the year I started following the Prem, but have consistently got worse and worse. I didn't expect them to win, but with Chelsea's recent play and disappointments I expected that streak to continue.

Last year was such a disgrace for them (and this year so far as well). I wish they went down and Burnley were able to stay up. They were a fun team to watch

Arsenal started the game playing like arse until they got a kick in the butt with that Walcott goal. From then, it looked like a new team. Sanchez with the hat trick, very nice to watch.

Pretty cool record for Alexis. He is the first player ever with a hattrick in the Serie A, La Liga and the Premier League.

My roommate is a Sunderland fan and he's already resigned to the fact that they are going down. They go through managers like nothing. Tyne-Wear debry is worthless now.

I do think Sunderland can actually turn it around though. A lot of times there are teams that start out like dogshit and cant get a win but pull it together. At least they show a consistent effort.

My roommate is a Sunderland fan and he's already resigned to the fact that they are going down. They go through managers like nothing. Tyne-Wear debry is worthless now.

I do think Sunderland can actually turn it around though. A lot of times there are teams that start out like dogshit and cant get a win but pull it together. At least they show a consistent effort.

But by beating who? Maybe Newcastle, they are in shambles too, but there are very few other clubs looking as bad as them. Perennial relegation fighters like Crystal Palace and Stoke City are stronger teams than Sunderland and several others are similarly outgrowing them. Bottom feeder teams in the Premier League are getting more money by just competing than the Rangers spent on salary, making it tougher for relegated teams and teams in the Championship to come up and stay up. Money in the PL right now is nuts.

Leicester City spent like 20 weeks in a row at the bottom of the table and pulled off an escape. It's just about keeping yourself close. Newcastle last year deserved to go down. I think Colback was basically the only guy who showed any effort on that team.

Sunderland may not he the most talented team ever but they have a good manager (hopefully they don't fire this one) and some new players like Lens who are good and might just need time to gel. Their goalie is also very good

The EPL is the best league in the world. While the Bundesliga, La Liga or Siera A might have better top teams, I think that at least 7-15 are at the very least competitive in other leagues.

The money that's coming in is good. Previously, teams couldn't afford to keep their best players. Chelsea/Man U or any other big club got to just say "OK, he's good, he's ours now" and there was nothing they could do. Now, Everton don't have to just bend to Chelsea's will and sell John Stones. West Brom don't have to sell Berahino (although they should, since he explicitly said he wanted to), Palace can bring in Cabaye, Stoke can bring in Shaqiri.

They are just a mess and it's a proud club with a long history and some great players that came through them. Really have to feel bad for the fans because this isn't a small club at all. They should not be clinging for survival like this

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...