• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Right Foot

Bretzky

I just want to quickly address some of the discussion / arguments that have been going on here recently.

Peetie27 and I had a brief discussion in PM earlier today and he said something that I found very relevant:

"Look, when you work in marketing the first thing you're taught is that you aren't just responsible for what you say, but for what people hear."

I just wanted to post to say this to say that I will make a conscious effort to tone down my aggressiveness. I actually just went back and read some of my posts and I really didn't realize that how abrasive the tone was on some of my writing until I gave it a second look with a clearer head. I certainly didn't intend to come off so bullyish and incendiary but I certainly see now what you were getting from being on the other side of that. I sincerely apologize for not realizing this sooner. In my efforts to make my argument, I lost sight of the bigger picture, which is that this is a community of RANGERS fans and that fact shouldn't be taken for granted. My intention has always been to have thoughtful and in-depth discussion of the intricacies of the team we all love. I'll try to do a better job of focusing on that and keeping my tone more consistent with the overall objective and purpose of this community.

I also would like to thank Rome and Pete for taking the time to calmly explain to me that although my intentions were in the right place, I was going about it the wrong way. Rome, especially, couldve just banned or suspended my account. Being here is a privilege, not a right. So I very much appreciate the way he has handled this whole situation. I readily admit that I'm a stubborn SOB and I often get so focused on articulating my perspective on a particular issue that I lose sight of the fact that we are all essentially on the same team. Sometimes I'm just typing words so fast that I actually don't realize that I'm starting to sound like a complete douche. So again, I apologize for that and I hope I can re-start off on the right foot with all of you. I know that I can be a productive contributor here without the abrasive tone.

I look forward to more well-directed intensity in future debates.

Best,

Brett

I just want to quickly address some of the discussion / arguments that have been going on here recently.

Peetie27 and I had a brief discussion in PM earlier today and he said something that I found very relevant:

"Look, when you work in marketing the first thing you're taught is that you aren't just responsible for what you say, but for what people hear."

I just wanted to post to say this to say that I will make a conscious effort to tone down my aggressiveness. I actually just went back and read some of my posts and I really didn't realize that how abrasive the tone was on some of my writing until I gave it a second look with a clearer head. I certainly didn't intend to come off so bullyish and incendiary but I certainly see now what you were getting from being on the other side of that. I sincerely apologize for not realizing this sooner. In my efforts to make my argument, I lost sight of the bigger picture, which is that this is a community of RANGERS fans and that fact shouldn't be taken for granted. My intention has always been to have thoughtful and in-depth discussion of the intricacies of the team we all love. I'll try to do a better job of focusing on that and keeping my tone more consistent with the overall objective and purpose of this community.

I also would like to thank Rome and Pete for taking the time to calmly explain to me that although my intentions were in the right place, I was going about it the wrong way. Rome, especially, couldve just banned or suspended my account. Being here is a privilege, not a right. So I very much appreciate the way he has handled this whole situation. I readily admit that I'm a stubborn SOB and I often get so focused on articulating my perspective on a particular issue that I lose sight of the fact that we are all essentially on the same team. Sometimes I'm just typing words so fast that I actually don't realize that I'm starting to sound like a complete douche. So again, I apologize for that and I hope I can re-start off on the right foot with all of you. I know that I can be a productive contributor here without the abrasive tone.

I look forward to more well-directed intensity in future debates.

Best,

Brett

Ya, I can't not rep you for this :thumbs:

Now you're getting it.

Supposedly I can't rep you again today, but that was indeed rep-worthy.

The guy just basically admitted he's been a douche bag all day and you found one of his posts prior to this one rep worthy? We obviously have no shot in this system.

The guy just basically admitted he's been a douche bag all day and you found one of his posts prior to this one rep worthy? We obviously have no shot in this system.

It's called humility, and yes, it's worthy of rep. When someone willingly acknowledges that they've not only been causing a problem, but are taking steps to correct it, that's something most people would respect.

It's called humility, and yes, it's worthy of rep. When someone willingly acknowledges that they've not only been causing a problem, but are taking steps to correct it, that's something most people would respect.

You missed a step. This post is rep worthy. I was making light of the fact that he can't rep him for this because he repped him for something earlier.

Archived